Behavioral Health Associate
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
Mercy Hospital, located in Coon Rapids, Minn. is a 271-bed hospital serving the northwestern metro area. In 2011, Mercy was named one of the nation’s Top 100 Hospitals® and one of the top 20 mid-size hospitals in the U.S. by Thomson Reuters Healthcare, and is nationally recognized for cardiovascular care. With 2,200 employees and 740 affiliated physicians, Mercy has 154,250 admissions and serves nearly 58,000 emergency patients annually.
Responsible for care of mentally ill patients in a multi-disciplinary setting. Some of the responsibilities include: milieu management, documentation in the automated medical record, interface with MDs and families, and crisis intervention.
- Bachelors degree in psychology or a related field
- Previous experience in Mental Health or related field required
- Looking for candidates with excellent critical thinking skills and attention to detail. Must be able to multi-task and have good conflict management abilities in addition to good communication and listening skills. Must be able to work well in a multidisciplinary setting. Looking for applicants with good organization skills, good communication and the ability to work in a rapid paced environment. Need to be able to apply de-escalation skills and the potential need to apply physical restraint. Basic computer skills are necessary.
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Part-time: 20 hours per week
- Evening shifts
- Every Other weekend
The city of Coon Rapids is a fast growing community on the Mississippi River just 20 minutes north of Minneapolis-St. Paul, and the metropolitan area's gateway to the northern part of the state. Coon Rapids offers excellent access to highways, dynamic community shopping centers with major retail anchors, and a wide variety of recreational activities including neighborhood and regional parks, a municipal golf course, indoor ice arenas, hiking and biking trails and swimming pools.
- Located 14 miles North of Minneapolis and 20 miles Northwest of St. Paul
- Population = 63,000
- Service area = 413,500
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA