Intensive Programs Eating Disorder Technician (IPEDT), Therapist Trainee Status
This job has now expired
Reports to: Clinical Supervisor determined upon hire
Status: Part-time, Hourly
Schedule: Mondays 4:00-7:30pm St. Louis Park; Tuesdays 4:00-7:30pm St. Paul; Wednesdays 11:00 am– 6:30pm St. Louis Park; Thursdays 12:00 – 7:00pm St. Paul, Saturdays 9:00-11:00, Additional hours to be determined
Locations: St. Louis Park & St. Paul, MN Position Summary:
Under the supervision of a licensed clinician, the Intensive Programs Eating Disorder Technician is responsible for providing direct client service for TEP’s Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP) and Intensive Day Programs (IDP). This position will provide clinical support during therapeutic meals/snacks, outings and other busy times. Once trained in intensive programs, the IPEDT, will provide coverage for intensive programming as needed at both SLP and SP locations. Further, this person will provide continuity, consistency, and leadership for Saturday Group. Additional duties may be provided by intensive program staff. Responsibilities for this position do not include any individual therapy work. TEP will provide 2 hours of clinical supervision per month as part of the Trainee’s time with the agency.
- Provide support with behavioral interventions and in crisis situations
- Provide therapeutic support at: mealtimes, snacks, structured outings and group therapy
- Report observations and document in charts
- Attend required staff meetings
- Provide coverage for programming staff
- Participate in Training Program required activities
- Graduate degree in social work, psychology, marriage and family therapy, or related field
- Must be employed for at least 6 months at The Emily Program
- Related clinical experience (group therapy and eating disorders) preferred
- Knowledge of regulatory standards governing care delivery and operations
- A passion for working with eating disorders is strongly recommended
- Demonstrated strong verbal communications skills, assessment and problem solving abilities
- Must be willing to work at multiple locations
Please submit cover letter and resume in one document. Click here to apply online.
The position is open until filled. The Emily Program is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE).