Senior Cost Accountant
Hawkins, Inc. is a formulator, manufacturer, blender, distributor, and sales agent for thousands of industrial chemicals and reagent grade laboratory chemicals sold to municipalities and businesses throughout the Central United States.
Thousands of water treatment facilities, manufacturers, food and dairy producers, research labs and many other organizations depend on Hawkins for the chemical products they need. These products range from potassium carbonate to chlorine to FCC grade citrates and phosphates.
Our Mission - To exceed our customers' expectations as a high-quality, service-oriented chemical supplier. We will adapt quickly to the changing chemical needs of customers with a keen focus on technical expertise, teamwork, safety, profitability, and responsible care of the environment and of our community.
This position will determine and administer standard costing of products. The position is integral in ensuring the accuracy of inventory valuations and product costs of items sold for Hawkins reporting.
The position will also support the review and rollout of inventory overhead cost components, which determines fully burdened costs assigned to inventory items as well as setting the fully burdened standards for cost of goods sold.
The position will be a key position for the analysis of manufacturing and warehousing expenses and costs, in and assisting management in determining areas of opportunities to drive improved profitability for the company.
- Determining and maintaining fully burdened standard costs, including overhead rates.
- Analysis of commodity and raw material costs.
- Variance analysis, including expenses to budget, purchase cost variances, manufacturing variances, and recovery analysis.
- Inventory reconciliations, valuations, and financial inventory schedules (including LIFO and inventory reserves).
- Preparing monthly financial schedules.
- Work with Operations and other departments on cost reduction projects.
- Identifying and implementing process improvements.
- BA degree in Accounting.
- Total of 8 years of experience with a minimum of 3 years Cost Accounting experience.
- Financial statement analysis.
- Preparation of inventory schedules including reserve analysis.
- Experience with LIFO and other inventory reserves preferred.
- JD Edwards information system experience highly preferred.
- Strong attention to accuracy and detail.
- Self-starter with a proven record of project management.
- Process improvement experience.
- Must be a team player with strong communication skills.
Hawkins, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Drug Free Workplace Employer