Finishing Operator - Rosemount, MN
This job has now expired
The Finishing Operator trims plastic parts according to specified customer requirements using hand and power tools. Support injection molding presses and identify quality issues relating to trimming, injection molding, packaging, and order fulfillment.
- Trimming off gates and flash from plastic parts according to specified cosmetic grade using tools such as, but not limited to, hobby knives, utility knives, diagonal-cutting pliers, band saws, grinders, and belt sanders.
- Support presses in the molding department by operating the molding cycle, inspecting parts, and trimming parts.
- Accurately counting and weighing parts.
- Packaging the parts according to specified requirements.
- Entering process information into a computer.
- Ensuring that order quantities and customer specifications have been met.
- Able to work safely with sharp tools and objects.
- Able to use a computer and calculator.
- Able to read and write in English and to basic arithmetic.
- Able to comprehend and follow printed and computer-screen instructions.
- Good writing and oral communication skill. Strong attention to detail.
- Experience working in plastic manufacturing.
Physical requirements: Stand and/or sit the entire shift (12 hour shifts). Lift up to 70 pounds. Reaching, bending and grasping. Good finger dexterity, able to do high cosmetic work to customer specifications which requires good vision. Able to do repetitive clipping by hand.
Indoors (generally air-conditioned but with occasional temperatures up to 85 degrees F or down to 65 degrees F), non-smoking production area, eye protection required.