Senior C++ Software Developer - Maple Plain, MN
This job has now expired
Are you looking for an exciting and challenging opportunity on a software development team at a successful, growing company? Are you a whiz at computational mathematics, geometric reasoning, and C++? If so, keep reading to find out more about the rewarding opportunity awaiting for you at Proto Labs. We are looking for an experienced software developer to join our CAM application development team. This team takes pride in creative problem solving, innovation through collaboration, and using some of the coolest technology available like a high performance computing cluster.
As a member of the CAM team you will work with other top-notch developers on:
- Contributing to the success of the company by advancing the state of our proprietary CAD/CAM software
- Solving complex problems relating to:
- Toolpath generation for CNC machining
- Streamlining manufacturing processes
- Increasing software performance
- Enhancing our customers’ experience
- Designing, coding, testing, debugging, and maintaining mission critical applications.
We are looking for someone who is smart and gets things done!
Required qualifications include:
- A degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Mathematics, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of professional software development experience
- Proficient in C++ and OOP
- Math proficiency, especially linear algebra and geometry
- Strong communication skills and work ethic
- Experience utilizing software practices, such as:
- Agile/Scrum software development methods
- Automated unit testing
- Continuous integration
- Code reviews
- Version control systems (e.g. Subversion, Git, or Mercurial)
Preferred Qualifications Include:
- CAD/CAM application programming experience
- Knowledge of software techniques for generating toolpaths for CNC machining
- Knowledge of NURBS, BREP, triangulated mesh, or other geometry representations commonly used in CAD/CAM software
- Knowledge of OpenMP, MPI, MapReduce, or other parallel programming techniques
- Experience using Microsoft Visual C++, MFC, or OpenGL
If you have these skills and desire to work for Proto Labs, please apply online at www.protolabs.com/careers.
Proto Labs is located in Maple Plain, just west of Wayzata on Highway 12, and is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action and Veteran Friendly employer.