This job has now expired
Are you looking for a new and exciting opportunity to use your skills in a successful and growing company? Do you desire a fast-paced, casual work environment that is driven by employees who thrive on innovative thinking? If you have experience working with customers and a desire to work in an energetic, collaborative environment, then check out this opportunity in Maple Plain!
An Account Representative’s primary responsibility is to retain and grow revenue through proactive outbound phone calls to new customer contacts transitioning from our Business Development team, as well as working with existing customer contacts that have been customers for greater than 12 months. A key responsibility of the role is to understand the customer’s project development cycles and timing phone follow-up to ensure we secure the business. This position will work very closely with the account owner to grow revenues from customer companies.
Specific duties include:
- Ensure assigned customer contacts have had a satisfactory experience and will return to Proto Labs for their prototyping needs when the time is appropriate
- Identify timing of upcoming projects and schedule appropriate follow up call in CRM
- Schedule ongoing “touches” with contacts that do not have future project timing identified
- Build and maintain relationships with contacts and serve as they key contact person for all pre-sales activities (quote generation, quote follow up, quote finalization etc.).
- Maintain and grow sales of Proto Mold's mold retention business and First Cut services
- Increase the percentage of repeat customer contacts above current 48% rate
- Work with the account owner as needed to grow revenue for customer companies
- Identify major risks within the account and communicate to sales management
- Assist in identifying potential new customer contacts for Account Manager follow up
- Enhance database integrity by identifying customers no longer with company, with updated contact information, etc.
- Identify customer satisfaction trends and behaviors and communicate to sales and marketing leaders
- Minimum one year of successful customer service experience
- MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Business correspondence skills
- Independent, dependable, resourceful and self-motivated
- Strong relationship building skills, patient and nurturing
- Ability to communicate effectively across different levels of professionals, both verbal and written.
- Strong telephone skills
- Organized and strong project management skills
- Effectively manage multiple tasks without losing sight of objectives
- Ability to expedite sales cycle by relating conceptually with decision makers
- Demonstrate sound business judgment
- Capable of questioning in an effective manner to understand customer needs.
- Ability to work successfully in a team environment
- Strong comfort level with technology
- High School diploma or equivalent degree required. Four year college degree preferred.
Proto Labs’ Corporate Headquarters is located in Maple Plain, MN, just minutes west of the 494/394 interchange. Our Rosemount, MN facility is located off of the County Road 42 and Highway 3 intersection & east of 35W. If you meet the qualifications and feel this position is a good match to your skills and interests please apply online at www.protolabs.com/careers.
Proto Labs is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity & Veteran Friendly Employer.