Kids Stuff Lead Staff (New Hope YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the New Hope YMCA has an amazing opportunity for a Kids Stuff Lead Staff to join our team.
The Kids Stuff Shift Lead is responsible for providing quality care to children in a positive, nurturing environment while their parents are using the YMCA facilities. The Kids Stuff Area could include children between the ages of 6 weeks and 9 years of age.
- Greet children and members.
- Organize sign-in/out sheets and follow correct sign-in and out practices.
- Supervise, play and initiate games and activities with children.
- Maintain a safe play environment.
- Communicate courteously with members.
- Follow daily sanitizing procedures and help out with weekly cleaning schedules.
- Attend all staff meetings and training sessions.
- Ensure that toys and shelves are organized at the end of the day/shift.
- Follow all procedures and policies of the department, branch, and Association.
- Report all concerns to the Kids Stuff Coordinator.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum age of 18
- Minimum of 6 months experience leading and supervising children
- Ability to motivate, energize, and entertain children
- Knowledge of appropriate activities for various age levels – including skill and ability to implement curriculum
- Required certifications: CPR and First Aid
- Required training: building EMG procedure training
- Demonstrated organizational and child supervision skills
- Ability to lead and participate in physical activities that may include but are not limited to walking, standing for long periods of time, bending, reaching, running, throwing, and kicking.
- Physical ability to restrain youth as needed for safety purposes.