This job is no longer available
Minnesota School of Business, Elk River campus, seeks an individual interested in becoming a Program Chair for the Veterinary Technology program. This position provides programmatic support to faculty, staff and students and reviews programmatic needs, making recommendations to the Network Program Dean as necessary. This position will also provide classroom instruction. Ideal candidates are patient, well-prepared and passionate about their discipline and have a desire to contribute to the training of our next generation of professionals. We operate on a quarterly calendar, with courses running for 11 weeks. All candidates who apply must possess a minimum of an Associate’s degree and AVMA certification to be considered eligible as defined by our educational accreditation standards.
Ideal candidates will also possess the following qualities
- Student-centered teaching philosophy
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on quick response time
- Effective problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to learn and use technology quickly and adeptly
- Adaptability; able to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
- Passion and enthusiasm for discipline or area of profession
- Associate’s degree in field required
- AVMA certification required
- Minimum 3 years of experience in the Veterinary Technology field
The Globe Education Network’s consortium of colleges/universities is committed to providing career-focused education that enables its students to reach their career and life goals. With nearly 30 locations in Wisconsin, Minnesota, South Dakota, Utah and Idaho, Globe Education Network (GEN) offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established organization. Our system of educational institutions includes: Minnesota School of Business, Globe University, Broadview University, Institute of Production & Recording, Minnesota School of Cosmetology and Benchmark Learning.
GEN offers a dynamic environment with excellent growth opportunities, competitive earnings and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, 401(k) and tuition assistance. Globe Education Network supports a diverse workforce and is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. Background screening will be conducted on final candidate as part of the hiring process.