This job is no longer available
Minnesota School of Business, Richfield campus, seeks an individual interested in teaching part time within the Nursing program. Ideal candidates for this position are patient, well-prepared and passionate about their discipline and have a desire to contribute to the training of our next generation of professionals. We operate on a quarterly calendar, with courses running for 11 weeks. This position is ideal for working professionals who wish to add a second source of income as well as for career instructors/trainers.
Ideal candidates possess the following qualities:
· student-centered teaching philosophy
· strong written and verbal communication skills, with a focus on quick response time
· effective problem-solving and interpersonal skills
· demonstrated ability to learn and use technology quickly and adeptly
· adaptability; able to succeed in a fast-paced and ever-changing work environment
· passion and enthusiasm for discipline or area of profession
· Master's Degree.
· Five years’ experience in delivery of patient care in medical-surgical, behavioral health, public health, end of life, and/or maternal-child care
· Experience mentoring nursing students and/or clinical teaching experience with patients across the lifespan
· Nursing education in didactic and clinical settings preferred
· Additional qualifications include:
· Master’s Degree in Nursing required, Doctoral preferred, from a CCNE or NLNAC accredited program
· Unencumbered professional nursing license and current registration in Minnesota, or eligibility for licensure in Minnesota upon hire
· Excellent inter and intra-professional communication, supportive of establishing rapport with clinical partners
· Current evidence of:
o CPR for Healthcare Provider (Updated upon expiration)
o Negative Mantoux or Chest X-Ray (Annual)
o Current Immunizations
o Cleared Background Check (Annual)
· Ability to effectively problem-solve and counsel in an educational setting
· Flexibility in scheduling work hours over day and evenings
· Desire to be part of a cohesive faculty group aimed at enhancing nursing outcomes for the profession
· Knowledge of Minnesota Board of Nursing rules as pertains to nursing education
· Knowledge of the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education (CCNE) accrediting procedures for a baccalaureate program
Earned degrees must be awarded by a postsecondary institution accredited by an accreditation agency recognized by the United States Department of Education. Credentials earned at a foreign institution must be from an institution recognized by the respective government and will be evaluated for equivalency to U.S. degrees.
Globe Education Network (GEN) is a consortium of colleges and universities committed to providing career-focused education that assists their students in reaching their career and life goals. GEN's consortium includes: Broadview University, Globe University, Institute of Production and Recording, Minnesota School of Business, and Minnesota School of Cosmetology. With locations in Idaho, Minnesota, South Dakota, Utah and Wisconsin, this position offers an excellent opportunity to join a well-established and growing university.
GEN offers a dynamic environment, excellent growth opportunities, supports a diverse workforce and is an Employer Support of the Guard and Reserve. Background screening will be conducted on final candidate as part of the hiring process.