This job is no longer available
- Plumbing / Appliances: general repair to bathroom and kitchen fixtures and electric appliances, work with contractors to repair / maintain general building plumbing, maintain boiler's license and follow inspection schedules.
- Repairs and General Maintenance to apartments including some painting and carpet shampooing.Repair / install door locks as necessary.Respond to resident requests for repairs in a timely manner.
- Facility / Building Operations: Maintain accurate records, paint and repair common area walls and hallways as needed, clean sewer lines, make necessary repairs to the outside of the building and common areas. doors, windows, screens. Schedule and perform all preventative maintenance on equipment and building systems and keep accurate records. Check and maintain boilers and water heaters.
- Transportation / Vehicle Maintenance:
Complete pre and post trip vehicle inspections.
Drive 14 passenger mini bus for regularly scheduled trips to shopping and grocery stores (typically 2 mornings per week). Maintain the vehicle in excellent working order.
- Boiler's License current and up to date.
- Knowledge of boiler operations, water heaters and electrical systems
- Basic carpentry and plumbing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work with senior residents, always conducting yourself in a professional manner.
- Ability to work with vendors and contractors to complete jobs.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and efficiently manage time.
- Able to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
- Ability to be “on call” during non-business hours for emergency situations.
- Entry level proficiency of Microsoft Word, Excel, and internet applications.
- Must be able to climb stairs and ladders,
- Must be able to pull and move moderately heavy equipment (vacuums, carts, trash receptacles)
- Must able to lift and carry 50 pounds occasionally.
- Clean criminal background check
- Clean Driving record and the ability to drive 14 passenger bus to transport residents.