This job is no longer available
- Review payroll documentation for accuracy
- Process semi-monthly payroll utilizing the Ultipro payroll service
- Process bi-weekly payroll
- Review all federal, state and local quarterly files on a timely basis
- Review payroll registers and process journal entry to account for payroll activity and reconcile the payroll related general ledger accounts
- Maintain payroll expertise with payroll rules and computer literacy
- Interpret and set up child support and garnishment orders
- Serve as system administrator for the payroll system
- Work with other corporate employees to complete benefit-related projects, including 401(k), company provided cars, relocation, bonus, etc
- Provide information and reports for business plan on worker’s compensation, vacation and sick time accruals
QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting preferred
- Must have Ultipro experience
- Minimum of 3 year’s prior payroll experience
- Experience with computerized payroll system required, Ultimate Software preferred
- Ability to be a team leader and facilitate brainstorming sessions.
- Creative thinker who can quickly develop innovative ideas across a wide variety of business units.
- Relationship building skills with the ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with both internal and external clients.
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Working knowledge of other Microsoft Office application software (i.e., Word).
- Strong ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects and requests simultaneously, within an intense, deadline-driven environment.
- Well organized with a high attention to detail and accuracy.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Provide excellent customer service to both internal and external clients.
- Ability to work quickly in a fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to collaborate in a team environment.
- Excellent 10-key skills
- Knowledge of local taxing jurisdictions
- Working on a personal computer for extended periods of time, an average of 5 hours per day.
- Ability to work occasionally on evenings and weekends, as necessary to meet project deadlines.
- Ability to accurately use a business calculator.
Top Talent Solutions offers immediate placements for temporary, temp-to-hire and direct hire positions in all industries – from light industrial to administrative, and everything in between. But, we go a step further to offer you the personal touch that’s missing from so many other employment firms. Locally owned and operated, with multiple locations throughout Minneapolis and St. Paul, Top Talent Solutions works with nearly 1000 of the top companies in the region – from small businesses to national corporations. Our vast network allows us to build the strategic partnerships that, ultimately, you will benefit from.
Top Talent Solutions is in Equal Opportunity and Drug Free Employer.