This job has now expired
The Registration Specialist is responsible for the pre-verification of insurance for patients scheduled for services. Ensures insurance coverage, resolves any issues with coverage and escalates complicated issues to a supervisor or manager. Acts as a liaison between patients, their health insurance and clinics to assist in understanding their healthcare financial responsibilities. Provides Clinic Staff with the correct insurance/demographic information to enable a streamline check in process for the patient. Works to establish timely, correct payment information prior to the patient’s service in order to financially secure the account, promote good customer service, efficient and accurate billing and prompt reimbursement.
In order to qualify you must possess:
- High school dipolma or equivalent
- Two years in insurance verification or medical billing with exposure to medical terminology
- Knowledge of health plans and payer information
- Microsoft Excel and Word skills.
- Solid understanding of medical terminology.
- Good organizational skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to interact with patients, physicians and colleagues
- Vocational/ Associate Degree or education beyond High School.
- Experience as a Patient Account Assistant with registration experience and strong billing knowledge
We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits and provide you with the opportunity to enhance your career in the exciting field of healthcare through rewarding and challenging assignments and the opportunities for advancement.