This job is no longer available
Due to our growth and expansion of services, Nexus is seeking a seasoned Corporate Director of Quality Improvement to provide consistent QI management across all our sites and business units. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Providing direction on Nexus’ Continuous Quality Improvement systems to ensure that services provided are in compliance with applicable legal, contractual, regulatory and agency requirements.
- Managing the analytic processes that produce meaningful data, reports and other information needed to monitor program or departmental performance, outcomes and quality, as well as compliance with contract and regulatory requirements.
- Researching and interpreting quality regulations to establish compliance with our quality improvement procedures/systems and collaborating with others to provide updates, evaluations and training relative to new requirements.
- Managing, coaching, leading and collaborating with staff and managers across the agency to advance shared goals and foster a reflective and open discussion of problem spots or gaps in quality compliance and determine strategies for resolution and improvement.
- Managing the corporate-wide COA (Council on Accreditation) and Joint Commission compliance and reaccreditation and conducting periodic internal audits of applicable department files and charts.
- Ensuring that ethical standards, confidentiality guidelines, CQI activities, HIPAA policies, COA and Joint Commission regulations are uniformly communicated and modeled throughout all operations within the organization.
Qualified candidates must possess:
- A Master’s Degree in a relevant, related discipline strongly preferred; or will consider a BSN with an equivalent combination of experience.
- Strongly prefer a minimum of 2 years management/supervisory experience within the CQI field.
- Requires 5+ years of experience in CQI (continuous quality improvement) in a compliance role.
- Knowledge and experience working with government agencies and licensing regulations, preferably with COA and JCAHO accreditation and Medicaid.
- Experience in applied research and data analysis, as it relates to CQI, in a human services or medical/healthcare environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, ability to speak clearly and concisely, and the ability to understand, interpret and communicate complex information and regulations.
- Ability to systematically analyze problems, draw relevant conclusions and devise an appropriate course of action.
- Travel up to 30 percent of the time required via air and ground transportation.
Nexus is a not-for-profit organization and leader in child and adolescent treatment services. Nexus operates residential treatment, group homes, transitional living programs, and educational and vocational services in Minnesota, Illinois, and Maryland for children and adolescents experiencing severe emotional and behavioral problems, exhibiting harmful sexual behaviors, and requiring special services for developmental disabilities. Additionally, Nexus operates hospital-based inpatient psychiatric services in Illinois, and foster care, specialized foster care, adoption, alternative to residential treatment, and home-based counseling services in Minnesota.
This position is in our corporate office, located in Plymouth, MN (suburb of Minneapolis, MN). You can be part of our team and help further our mission of “Changing Lives Through Our Cornerstone Values of Honesty, Responsibility, Courage, Care & Concern.” We offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package. For consideration, please submit an Employment Profile on-line at http://www.nexus.jobs. Or call 763-551-8640 and request that an Employment Profile be mailed to you. Resumes are NOT accepted. We are an EEO/AA employer.