This job is no longer available
Top Career Solutions along with our client in St. Paul, MN are currently recruiting for an Infrastructure Engineer.
- Responsible for all Microsoft infrastructure related servers and projects including associated backup and storage systems.
- Implement, maintain and upgrade all Microsoft infrastructure hardware and associated backup and storage systems while ensuring quality and continuance of service. Adhere to security best practices and defined standards; research and recommend enhancements when warranted.
- Demonstrate outstanding problem solving skills, especially in the area of root cause analysis, across a wide range of interdependent systems.
- Investigate user and system problems not resolvable by Level 1 or Level 2, identify their source, determine possible solutions, test, document and implement solutions.
- Assist and mentor the Microsoft Administrator with developing and maintaining system, compliance, capacity and security monitoring and reporting tools.
- Create and maintain clear and understandable documentation for the current and proposed systems.
- Establish business partnerships internally and externally that leverage a network of contacts to help create and maintain a quality infrastructure.
- BA/BS in computer technology, information technology or related field or equivalent experience to meet the requirement
Years of Experience:
- 5+ years of experience with Microsoft Server applications and hardware.
- 3+ years experience with Microsoft Active Directory and Exchange for a large, geographically dispersed enterprise (minimum of 500 users)
- 2+ years experience with antivirus packages (e.g. Symantec)
- 2+ years experience with VMWare
- 2+ years experience with storage arrays, preferably NetApp
- 2+ years experience with backup software, preferably CommVault
- In-depth knowledge of Microsoft Windows Server 2003, 2008 and Active Directory
- Thorough knowledge of Microsoft Exchange 2003 and 2007
- Experience with SCOM and SCCM 2007 highly preferred
- Understanding of Microsoft SharePoint MOSS 2007
- Understanding of system disaster recovery operation, systems troubleshooting and performance monitoring, tape backup and restore procedures.
- Prefer some experience in WMI, VB and PowerShell scripting
- Strong analytical and planning skills, ability to prioritize workload.
- Ability to work efficiently, independently, and serve as an active team member.
- Ability to grasp and understand new concepts, ideas and technologies.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; strong interpersonal skills.
- Retail experience preferred.
- Must be available to work a rotation of on-call hours and requires that the individual be available 24/7 while on-call