This job is no longer available
Reports To: Lending Sales Manager
Delivers welcoming phone service as a representative of the Credit Union through positive communication skills. Provides professional service and sales of deposit products, loan products, and convenient services through effective interpersonal skills and proficient knowledge. Responsible for meeting established Credit Union and Branch goals through active participation in sales programs. Recommends and approves consumer loans following outlined TruStone Financial policies and procedures and adhering to regulations governing the financial services industry. Accurately and efficiently processes a wide variety of financial inquiries, account openings, loan originations, loan closings, service requests, and transactions. Balances transactions and completes necessary reports.
Major Tasks, Responsibilities and Key Accountabilities
· Delivers friendly, helpful phone service through:
o Preparing for daily interactions with a professional image and an organized workstation.
o Maintaining proficient knowledge of TruStone products and processes.
o Taking responsibility for waiting calls in a timely manner.
o Greeting and talking with members using a smile, pleasant tone, professional language, and full attention.
o Understanding the member’s objectives by asking appropriate questions and listening to the member’s responses.
o Identifying and recommending the best solution to strengthen the member’s financial well-being, including transferring the member to the appropriate staff to fulfill their needs.
o Processing the transaction accurately and efficiently.
o Closing the call by confirming member satisfaction and thanking the member.
o Following up with the member, as appropriate.
· Originates and closes consumer loans following underwriting decisions and established standards and procedures. Recommends and approves loans based on underwriting guidelines, set personal lending limits and underwriting criteria. Opens savings accounts (excluding the primary share account), certificates, and convenient services following established standards and procedures. Explains all features, benefits, and fees of the account or service with transparency and proficient knowledge.
· Responsible for developing member relationships through outbound calls to ensure member satisfaction and identify member needs to increase product penetration of existing and new members.
· Fulfills member service requests for account maintenance, including: loan maintenance, account research and reconciliation, corrections, address changes, stop payments, check orders, check copies, account statement copies, and replacement of plastic.
· Provides accurate requested information to members, including: account balances, historical account information, dividends earned, interest paid, and IRA and HSA inquiries.
· Provides leadership training and support to less experienced Phone Bankers.
· Achieves individual goals through sales, referrals and retention of account relationships.
· Processes routine consumer and business financial transactions, including withdrawals, transfers, and purchases of negotiable instruments.
· Prepares appropriate documents to be mailed to members and provides follow-up correspondence as needed.
· Secures the credit union’s assets by handling negotiable instruments in a consistent manner, properly identifying members, keeping member information confidential, balancing at the end of each business day, and completing necessary reports that summarize daily activities.
· Recognizes member needs for advanced products such as business, in depth IRA, investment, and mortgage products and seamlessly refers members to appropriate staff.
Demonstrates a work style that is consistent with TruStone’s values and takes personal responsibility for own learning and development to support those values and the Contact Center’s success. Maintains up to date knowledge and adheres to all regulations, policies, procedures, and standards that pertain to this position.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
Major Skills and Competencies
· Must possess highly-developed interpersonal skills, a positive attitude, and a desire to help people.
· Must possess effective verbal and written communication skills.
· Must have reliable attendance.
· Must possess good judgment.
· Must possess basic math skills.
· Ability to organize and prioritize work and maintain accurate records.
· Projects a professional image.
Physical Job Requirements
Frequent periods are spent sitting in the same location with some opportunity to move about; occasionally there may be a need to stoop or lift light objects (typically less than 8 pounds).
· Ability to communicate with a diverse membership and employee group.
· Ability to accomplish the described responsibilities through the use of computers and technology.
· Ability to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time.
· Ability to work in a changing, challenging, and fast paced work environment.
· Variable stress levels.
· Provide own transportation.
· Occasional business travel.
Environmental Job Requirements
Typically located in a comfortable, quiet indoor area. There may be regular exposure to mild physical discomfort from factors such as dust, fumes or odors, temperature extremes, strong drafts, or bright lights.
· Satisfactory completion of pre employment screening.
· Must meet SAFE ACT registration requirements.
· Associate’s Degree or an equivalent level of knowledge, skills, and abilities typically acquired through work experience.
· Must be at least 18 years of age.
· Two years of member contact experience as a Phone Banker, Personal Banker or equivalent experience.
· Previous experience working in a call center.
· Previous consumer lending experience.
· Knowledge of banking and/or credit union regulations.
· Experience in a sales environment.