This job has now expired
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Operations Analyst will provide 24 x 7 to support to the UCare organization. Proactively monitor critical AMISYS application jobs/schedules, and all batch and online processes. Provide real-time application support to eliminate or avoid business impact. Coordinate and schedule job processing for DHS and CMS Encounters and other batch and surround-code processes. Troubleshoot, diagnose and resolve incidents/problems and outages in production. Support application releases and other software updates. Perform risk review of production deployments. Manage and investigate work orders that reflect system/software defects. Respond promptly to incidents and escalate when appropriate. Responsibilities include:
- Monitor and schedule user jobs, intervening as necessary to ensure they reach completion.
- Manage the production calendar - ensure that the production calendar accurately reflects user operations, system support operations, migrations to new releases, and any other events which could impact throughput. Communicate these events to all stake-holders.
- Record any intervention(s) using the appropriate logging and monitoring tools.
- Communication of any interventions to the affected parties.
- Document and report systems and/or applications issues to users and development staff in a timely manner, including all relevant information and an assessment of the priority level of an issue; documenting any system changes in the system log. Ensure that the loop is appropriately closed on all system issues.
- Respond promptly to business user requests.
- Create and maintain system monitoring, automation, and alert processes
- Perform weekend and evening support as needed or scheduled
- Maintain and document operational processes and procedures.
- Oversee archival of data and managing file cleanup policies.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field, or relevant work experience. Minimum three years of experience with Application/Production support.
- High level of expertise in the implementation, support and troubleshooting of production environments, preferably in Healthcare Systems.
- Working knowledge in Unix and Windows operating systems.
- Basic understanding of relational database concepts with experience using Oracle.
- Knowledge of scheduling tools, preferably Appworx or UC4
- Experience with system and application linkages to enterprise monitoring, automation, and dashboards
- Strong Analytical skills and well versed with problem resolution methodologies.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills including the ability to communicate with technical and non-technical staff.
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Our ideal candidate will have deep technical knowledge of UNIX, Oracle, scripting, troubleshooting techniques, and system analysis skills.
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.