This job is no longer available
POSITION PURPOSE: This job entails performing various accounting activities in the accounting, grant reporting and endowment areas of Hamline University in a timely and accurate manner. Activities range from preparing journal entries, audit work papers and tax return support to preparing endowment schedules and preparing grant billings and reports.
REPRESENTATIVE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries and assist in the preparation of year-end audit work papers and tax return work papers. Assist in the preparation of quarterly GAAP financial statements as needed. (25%)
2. Serve as primary contact for grant related inquiries. Prepare grant billings and reports based on the individual grant requirements. Prepare grant journal entries and indirect charges. (25%)
3. Prepare quarterly endowment unitization and market value per unit and fund calculations. Assist in preparing the annual distribution work papers and the Honors Day and Department Scholarship information for distribution to the appropriate responsible parties. (25%)
4. Perform backup duties for the Accounting Manager as requested. (10%)
5. Assist Controller with daily banking duties and as backup in the treasury area. (10%)
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Requirements: Intermediate experience with data entry forms and web-based systems. Basic to intermediate proficiency with MS Word and Excel. Ability to communicate technical information to nontechnical audiences. Basic experience with 10-key. Able to handle sensitive and confidential information. Able to work effectively with all levels of management, staff and employees.
Preferences: Intermediate knowledge of Banner.
Education: Four year degree in Accounting or Finance preferably. Minimum two year degree in Accounting.
Experience: Work experience in higher education related to accounting, grants, or endowment matters.
REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS: This position reports to the Controller in the Accounting Department and has an indirect reporting relationship to the Senior Associate VP of Finance regarding the endowment and grant duties.
WORKING CONDITIONS / EQUIPMENT: Duties are performed indoors in office environment. Duties require extended periods of keyboarding and focused attention to detail.
Send a cover letter, resume and the names and phone numbers of three references to firstname.lastname@example.org
This position will remain open until filled but may be closed upon the discretion of the university.