This job is no longer available
Are you looking for a career opportunity that directly impacts the community you live in? How about an opportunity to have a rewarding career working for the premier voluntary health organization that supports people with type 1 & type 2 diabetes?
Our employees like working at the American Diabetes Association because of our opportunities, inclusive environment, work-life balance, benefits and culture. When you join our dedicated team you will experience the gratification of knowing your work impacts the well-being of millions of people, both directly and indirectly, affected by diabetes.
The American Diabetes Association has an exciting opportunity for the position of Executive Director for the Minnesota/North Dakota Area.
The successful candidate will bring knowledge of the market, possess the ability to expand ADA’s sphere of influence and have demonstrated success in: staff development and leadership; volunteer recruitment and development; strategic planning; special event fund raising; program development; individual giving and stewardship; and corporate development.
The Executive Director will be based out of our Minneapolis office, and will oversee and provide senior-level staff oversight of the Minnesota/North Dakota Area, including the management of staff and volunteers and the development and execution of community-based fundraising and service programs.
The Executive Director will report to the Vice President, Key Markets West Division.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
* Develop and manage an annual budget of approximately $3 million
* Hire, manage and lead a diverse staff
* Recruit and engage local community and corporate volunteer leaders
* Achieve annual fund raising goals
* Develop and manage mission based community programs
* Raise awareness of diabetes and the mission of ADA in the Minnesota/North Dakota Area
* Provide staff leadership in the development and management of a Community Leadership Board
JOB REQUIREMENTS: * Bachelor's degree required (Master's and / or business degree a plus)
* 8+ years of progressive experience in similar non-profit organizations
* Direct supervision of moderate size staff teams
* Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Knowledge of the corporate environment and understanding of the Minnesota/North Dakota market
* Ability to align local programs with the American Diabetes Association’s Strategic Plan
* Ability to cultivate and nurture community coalitions
* Both hands-on and oversight experience in conducting special events and individual giving campaigns
* Outstanding staff and volunteer leadership skills
* Extensive experience in donor stewardship, program delivery, and volunteer recruitment
When you join us, you can expect competitive salaries, comprehensive benefit programs, a true focus on work-life balance, training and support from your team leaders, and the latest resources available to ensure that you succeed in meeting your goals and objectives.
An equal opportunity employer.
“Together we can Stop Diabetes”
To apply for this position, please copy and paste the following link into your browser address bar: