This job is no longer available
DEPARTMENT: Surgical/LASIK Department
REPORTS TO: Surgical Supervisor
JOB SUMMARY: This individual is responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of pre-operative preparations in order to promote patient confidence in their medical care and to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible; acts as a liaison between the office, surgical facility, patient and co-managing doctor.
- Patient education regarding surgical procedures, lens options, pre-operative and post- operative care.
- Responsible for running IOL calculations, lens orders, charts, and flow of surgery schedule.
- Acts as an effective liaison between the patient, surgeon, co-managing doctor, and the surgical facility in all aspects of pre-operative preparations.
- Schedules all patient’s appointments including surgeries, pre-operative and post-operative appointments, including those with the patient’s co-managing doctor, surgical facility, ophthalmologist or technician.
- Arranges patient transportation if necessary.
- Notifies patient of all scheduled appointments.
- Prepares surgery folders and post-op kits.
- Collects all pertinent information for upcoming surgery, such as lens orders, insurance, financing and payment for IOL’s, H&Ps, and signed consent forms, and transfers to surgical facility.
- Answers all telephone inquiries from patients, their families, or primary care physicians concerning surgery and/or related concerns.
- 1Performs other tasks as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- COA OR 2 year degree in the medical field with the ability to be a COA within 6 months of hire and,
- Two years of experience in a surgical specialty practice, ophthalmology preferred.
- Ability to travel between clinics, Coon Rapids and Blaine.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong organization with attention to detail.
- Analytical problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
We offer excellent compensation and benefits.
Email to: HR@nseyespecialists.com
or Mail resume to: North Suburban Eye Specialists, Attn: HR; 3790 Coon Rapids Blvd. Coon Rapids, MN 55433 or Fax: 763-421-0730 Attn: HR.