Communication and Brand Manager
LINDQUIST & VENNUM, a large downtown Minneapolis law firm, has an opening for a Communications and Brand Manager. The Communication and Brand Manager leads the firm's communications programs including public relations, media relations, media buying, advertising design and placement, web site content, social media, and firm identity program.
- Concept, write, prepare and place firm press releases.
- Concept, write, prepare and place firm print advertisements.
- Manage firm’s social media presence.
- Develop and maintain firm media and public reputation plan.
- Maintain relations with media and serve as firm media contact.
- Coordinate activities of outside creative and public relations agencies.
- Develop and maintain firm "media resource panel" of attorneys able to speak to media on industry and legal topics.|
- Maintain and leverage media appearances and clippings.
- Collaborate with the firm’s attorneys to identify and develop success stories (case studies).
- Provide attorney and staff training: news media, social media, key messages, effective communication.
- Develop and manage production of firm publications.
- Write and prepare firm announcements.
- Develop and maintain website content including regular updates of firm pages and addition of links to/from site.
- Assist attorneys with writing and placement of articles in newspapers, business and trade publications and on web pages.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A bachelor’s degree in Journalism, Communications or other related field desirable.
- At least five years of prior experience in a professional environment in editorial production of publications preferred. Experience working with freelance artists, photographers, and graphic design firms desired.
- Ability to research, write, edit and lay out all forms of publications and use creativity and judgment in the development and production of publications.
- Knowledge of writing, graphics, photocomposition, and color separation is required.
- Knowledge of website content administration is required.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office programs (Outlook, Word and Excel) and Adobe InDesign CS5.5.
- Ability to identify and analyze issues and problems and to recommend and implement solutions. Knowledge of budget preparation and control necessary.
- Must be able to speak English proficiently.
- Interpersonal skills necessary in order to communicate by e-mail, telephone and in person to provide information with ordinary courtesy and tact.
- Must possess good customer service skills in order to communicate and follow instructions effectively from a diverse group of attorneys and staff. Ability to represent the firm in a favorable and businesslike manner
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints. Must be a team player.
L&V offers a professional work environment and a competitive salary and benefits package. Please submit cover letter, resume, and salary history by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to Staff Recruiter, Communications and Brand Manager, Lindquist & Vennum, 4200 IDS Center, Minneapolis, MN 55402. An EEO/AA Employer. No agency emails or phone calls please.