Help Desk Supervisor (YMCA Administration and Training Center)
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has a new exciting opportunity for a Help Desk Supervisor to join our team.
The Help Desk Supervisor manages the day to day operation of the help desk function providing necessary technical and analytical expertise and support for hardware, software, and telephony related functions utilized by YMCA staff.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Help Desk function. Provides support to Associationoffices and affiliated branches to ensure that Business Technologies (BT) related needs are addressed in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Hires, trains, and supervises help desk staff coordinating and monitoring work volume while creating a team which provides customer service to computer users.
- Maintains up to date support procedures and documents for trouble-shooting for the supported systems. Researches and resolves Level 2 technical issues and assists in the resolution of Level 1 issues as needed.Recommends changes that would streamline the procedures within the Association.
- Configures and installs various PC related hardware and software components and troubleshoots problems found.Assists with the implementation of software and/or hardware upgrades including PCs, servers, and anti-virus systems.
- Performs setup and maintenance of user profiles within the MS Exchange and address books.
- Assists with the maintenance of and manages in accordance with existing service level agreements.
- Manages and coordinates the hardware refresh cycle.
- Updates records and generate reports within the PC Audit and help desk ticketing systems.
- Acts as a resource in the event of disaster or disruption.
Qualification - Required
- Minimum of 3 years of Level 1 Microsoft user support experience using high quality standards when solving PC user support issues and PC configuration and user profile creation
- Minimum of 1 year of supervisory experience the essential functions indicate this is a requirement
- Proficiency with MS Office suite of products
- Excellent customer service orientation and ability to communicate with users at all levels of computer proficiency
- Experience within a LAN and WAN environments
- Knowledge of systems best practices and standards and ability to apply them within a business environment
- Ability to learn and communicate new technologies to users at all levels of computer proficiency
- Detail orientation with an ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Must be able to work on a computer for extended periods of time
- Ability to travel to various YMCA locations
- Ability to respond to emergency situations after normal business hours
- Ability to lift and carry boxes containing computer hardware, up to 45 pounds, during the configuration and installation process
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/22/2013 for first consideration. This position will remain posted until filled.