This job has now expired
This position is part of the final operation in the production process of the newspaper and consists of several different tasks. The primary function is assembling the paper sections and paper inserts, putting them into bundles to send out for distribution. The position requires bending, lifting, standing and walking up to 7 hours per shift. You may be required to operate a pallet jack, hand dolly, or other material moving equipment. Will be responsible for keeping work area clean and free of debris.
We are hiring for the following shifts at this time:
- 2:45 p.m. – 10:15 p.m.
- 9:45 p.m. – 5:15 a.m.
- Midnight – 5:00 a.m.
- Saturdays: 8:00 p.m. – 3:30 a.m.
MAY AVERAGE UP TO 3 SHIFTS OR MORE BASED ON AVAILABILITY AND NEED
- Must be able to lift up to 30 pounds on a regular basis
- Must be able to read and follow directions
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Must be available for shifts as needed including nights, weekends and holidays
- Mechanical abilities; basic understanding of equipment; manual dexterity; high school diploma or equivalent
- Previous assembly, packaging, warehouse or distribution experience preferred
- Experience with forklifts and dollies preferred
Apply online www.startribunecompany.com/jobs
All job offers are contingent on the successful completion of a pre-placement physical, drug screen, employment verification and criminal background check.