This job is no longer available
Collaborating. Inspiring. Leading.
Monsanto has always embraced innovation and always focused on making a better world. You can see it in our groundbreaking technology and in our dynamic environment where your skills and your career can grow and develop. We know that every day, new ideas can come from anyone, anywhere. You’ll be respected, you’ll contribute to the bottom line and you’ll help farmers feed the world.
Customer Operations Specialist II – Req #: 00D30
Monsanto is seeking a highly motivated individual to join our team as a Customer Operations Specialist. This role is responsible for partnering with the field sales organization to provide a superior brand experience with their customers.
Key Business Accountabilities:
- Create and maintain strong customer relationships with accounts and field sales.
- Collaborates with key account managers and district sales managers by providing differentiated service to some Tier 1 accounts and a number of accounts that are within the particular sales territory.
- Represents Monsanto products, systems, programs and tools to customers and internal groups.
- Skilled at multi-tasking, working in a fast-paced team environment which requires rapid response and issue resolution relating to customer orders, inquiries, and concerns. Able to work in multiple systems simultaneously.
- Delivers operational excellence to internal and external stakeholders. Demonstrates determination to exceed customer expectations. Actively seeks and defines new value-added areas to partner with customers.
- Order Management - Ensures complete and up to date account and order detail. Work with stakeholders to promote supply utilization, ensures data/transaction accuracy and timely account reconciliation.
- Deliveries – Leverage stakeholder relationships to meet delivery targets.
- Seed Customer Support - Utilizing Monsanto Standard Operating Procedures while understanding and delivering the brand experience, actively build rapport and trust with internal and external stakeholders creating strong relationships that increase customer loyalty.
- Programs - Strong working knowledge of Monsanto programs to help make Customers aware of upcoming program elements and deadlines to help ensure maximization of their potential to earnings.
- Communication/Team Skills - Builds strong relationships with both internal and external stakeholders by proactively communicating and being involved with teams.
- Reconciliation- Collaborate with stakeholders to ensure accurate grower point of sale data in a timely and correct manner, while cleansing grower data errors. Also, work with dealers to make sure all growers are licensed with a Monsanto Technology Stewardship Agreement.
- Product Knowledge – Gain proficiency and knowledge of our products and services. Leverage skills to facilitate offer sound alternative products and explain basic product characteristics.
- Negotiations & Conflict Management – Independently able to negotiate/facilitate resolution of high urgency issues. Is able to leverage relationships and product knowledge in order to overcome stakeholder objections.
- Provide late/extended & weekend coverage as work demands dictate. Some weekend and holiday coverage will be required.
Core Business/Functional Skills and Education:
- BA/BS degree required; degree in Business or Agriculture preferred with a minimum of 2 years experience in Operations or Customer Service, or equivalent experience and skill sets desired.
- Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word and Outlook) and knowledge of SAP a plus.
- Minimal travel may be required.
- Effective oral, written and phone communication skills with very strong problem solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced, team environment.
- Strong influencing and organizational skills.
- Ability to learn new systems quickly with strong initiative and the ability to look forward.
- Ability to balance company & customer needs and to build relationships over the phone.
- Work with a sense of urgency and ensure data accuracy.
To view the complete job description for this exciting position and/or apply online to this opportunity please visit our website at jobs.monsanto.com/customeroperations
We offer very competitive salaries and an extensive benefits package.
Monsanto is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse combination of ideas, perspectives and cultures. EEO/AA EMPLOYER M/F/D/V