This job is no longer available
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Enter production and planning specifications in the Filemaker database and prepare layouts for production.
2. Complete and issue purchase orders for printed materials.
3. Batch covers and create layouts.
4. Coordinate delivery of paper to vendors.
5. Assist in purchasing materials, paper and supplies as needed.
6. Review invoices for correctness and enter costs in the Filemaker database.
7. Assist in producing cost estimates.
8. Work with the Production Manager to strategically select vendors for paper and printing.
Experience and Necessary Skills: Strong organizational skills, experience working in a team environment with changing priorities and time pressures, the ability to prioritize and monitor multiple projects, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Desired Skills: Demonstrated skills using process improvement tools and strategies, strong understanding of database and development tools, e.g., Excel, Filemaker, Access. A strong interest in children's book publishing is a plus.