Program Manager - Group/Water Exercise (St. Paul Midway YMCA)
We are very excited to announce that the St. Paul Midway YMCA has a new exciting opportunity for a Program Manager - Group/Water Exercise to join our team!
The Program Manager provides daily direction and supervision for designated branch healthy living program area(s) (i.e. personal training/ specialty classes, group/ water X and active older adults and swim academy). The incumbent assists in meeting established revenue and participation goals. The incumbent hires, supervises and trains program staff.
This is a 30 hours Part Time Exempt position.
- Manages the day to day programing of the designated branch healthy living program area(s).
- Develops a high performing team of staff which delivers quality programs and services meeting branch and member needs in area of expertise.
- Implements programs, assesses staff technical abilities, evaluates program results, identifies areas for improvement or development and implements plans to achieve desired goals and objectives in area of expertise.
- Recruits, hires, on boards, trains, develop and supervise staff.
- Ensures a high level of customer service which enhances the member, program participant and guest experience and satisfaction.
- Assists in the development of the program area budget and manages the day to day programing to assure revenue and program service goals and expense targets are achieved.
- Delivers programs directly to members and participants in area(s) of expertise a portion of the time.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience working in healthy living product area of expertise (i.e. Personal Training,/Specialty Programs, Group/Water Exercise, active older adults, and Swim Academy) to include managing budgets to achieve established goals and objectives with particular focus on revenue
- Minimum of one (1) years of Supervisory experience
- Demonstrated ability to manage staff and budgets to achieve established goals and objectives with particular focus on revenue
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge in area(s) of expertise
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- CPR/PR, First Aid, AED, and Oxygen certifications (within 30 days of hire)
- Possess a current accredited and nationally recognized certification in area(s) of expertise
- Ability to attend and complete YMCA Healthy Lifestyles Principles within 90 days of hire
- Ability to manage and deliver programs to a diverse population
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in Health, Science and Recreation or related field
- Current National Certification in multiple areas of expertise
- Perform all physical aspects of the position, including walking, standing, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50 pounds at a time.
- Ability to travel locally to visit branch sites, attend meetings and training.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 11/07/2012 for first consideration. This position will remain posted until filled.