HR Administrator (Part-time)
Never heard of vending management? Our company was on the ground floor of its evolution, and now Best Vendors Management is the largest national vending and office coffee management company. We are a unique company that works with small transactions to create big solutions for our clients! Best Vendors is a service company, so customer service and innovation are cornerstones. Best Vendors, based out of Golden Valley next to Theodore Wirth Park, is a division of Compass Group, the world's leading foodservice and vending provider.
A fresh approach to great results
Our HR Department works within both the small company and large corporation environments. We are looking for a knowledgeable HR Administrator to share their administrative talents with us on a part-time basis, and to uphold the values of our professional HR Department: People Focused, Confidential, Customer Service, Technology, Strategic, Accuracy, Compliance, Can Do, and Reliable.
This highly organized administrative position, working in concert with the Human Resources Manager, thinks systematically, responds quickly and accurately, and manages deadlines in a dynamic environment. This position is 20 hours per week – working between 3-5 days per week (Monday through Friday, between 8:00 and 5:00). Excellent computer skills are paramount to ensure efficiency, speed and accuracy.
- Maintain compliant employment records and job files (OFCCP)
- Administer recruitment processes (i.e. post jobs externally, administer assessments, reference checks)
- Onboarding preparation of New Hires
- Process employee documents and Status Change Forms
- HRIS/time tracking software administrative maintenance, including biometric clock training
- Catalog Job Descriptions
- Track Compliance: Training, Reviews and Forms
- Arrange meetings or training events, and administer employee recognition events
- Ability to set priorities and apply extraordinary organizational skills amongst varying tasks to meet deadlines; ability to maintain accurate and easily accessible records.
- Capable of addressing sensitive and confidential information, and personnel or department issues.
- Conduct self in professional manner, even in stressful situations, and applies active communication and strong customer service skills.
- Thinks systematically, understands importance of processes and details.
- Strong proficiency in utilizing technical software programs to keep accurate and easily accessible records: Intermediate to Advanced MS Office, MS Outlook and time-tracking/HRIS systems.
- Must have proven experience with positive interpersonal communication skills (writing, speaking and listening). Writes professional emails and other written communication that is easily understood, respectful, uses good grammar, and contains all pertinent information.
- Experience identifying opportunities and providing solutions for continuous improvement in performing essential job functions.
- Ability to provide persistent and diligent follow up to gain necessary information from multi-department personnel.
- Understands the legal requirements regarding record retention.
- General understanding of employment laws (federal and state) as it applies to this role.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively with team members.
Education & Experience
- Associates Degree Required. Strong preference for Bachelor’s degree; preferred major: Human Resources, Business, Accounting/Finance, Management or Communications.
- Minimum of one year previous related Human Resources experience required; three years preferred.
If you find our company intriguing and the position sounds like a great fit … what are you waiting for? Click Apply Now!
Compass Group North America is a diversity growth-oriented organization. Our goal is to improve the quality of work life by using fair and consistent treatment and providing equal growth opportunities for ALL associates. EOE & AA Employer M/F/D/V
Key words: Human Resources, HR, HR Administrative Assistant, Human Resources Administrative Assistant, HR Admin, HR Administrator