Inventory Control Manager
This job has now expired
Responsible for all areas of inventory control which include: Backorder process(hospital area)putaway of items hospital area. Receipts and shipments of inter-organizational transfer's, cycle count program and reporting of cycle count findings, monitoring daily, weekly and monthly reports. Responsible for inbound and outbound auditors. Ensure each area works as a team with other areas in the facility to ensure work is completed on time within budgeted guidelines.
Team player, organized, flexible, good communicator, proactive, positive, forward thinking.
Principle Accountabilities & Authorities:
- Hires, trains, and schedules personnel, while maintaining departmental budget.
- Supervises personnel, including regular coaching, and administering corrective actions, and performance reviews.
- Establishes priorities, and provides guidance to ensure all functions are performed effectively and safely.
- Ensures that all work is completed on-time, consistently in a high quality manner and within budgeted guidelines.
- Strong collaboration between several departments using both written and verbal communication.
- Identifies and implements improvements to departmental processes; creates process flows and documentation.
- Ensures that work areas are maintained and cleaned daily.
- Ensures compliance with all company safety procedures, and provides support to other job functions as needed.
- Coordination of cycle counts and physical inventories, to include preparation.
- Research of problem SKUs.
- Management of invoice backorders, mis-ships, auditors, samples sent and returned, re-sku, keying of product moves, and labeling.
- Ensure work areas are maintained and cleaned daily.
- Ensures support of all company safety procedures and encourages all fellow associates to do the same.
- Ability to work with Finance department and 3rd party auditors to ensure strong controls are in place regarding inventory.
- Provide input to annual budgeting process.
- Manage department expenses to budget.
- Manage staffing to meet forecasted and unforecasted needs.
- Ensure all work is completed on time consistently in a high quality manner and within budgeted guidelines.
- Gather, analyze, and report departmental statistical data.
- Evaluate improvements to departmental processes and created process flows and documentation.
- Recommend capital expenditures.
- Mentoring, and developing team to create a strong succession plan.
- Other Assigned Responsibilities/Development
Education: Bachelor's degree (B.A.) or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Experience: Three to five years inventory control management experience preferred.
Distribution experience preferred.