RN-Observation Unit / E.D.
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills.
United Hospital, located in downtown St. Paul, Minn., is the largest hospital in the Twin Cities east metro area, providing a full range of health care services to 200,000 inpatients and outpatients each year. With 3,400 employees, more than 1,000 physicians and 546 licensed beds, United Hospital has earned a reputation for excellence in patient care and state-of-the-art facilities, including innovative programs such as the John Nasseff Heart Hospital and John Nasseff Neuroscience Institute.
United Hospital is proud to be recognized as an ANCC Magnet Hospital.
An established, award-winning Electronic Medical Record is utilized.
- Practices professional nursing to provide patient care through the use of the nursing process of assessment, diagnosis, outcome identification, planning, implementation and evaluation
- Provides coordination of all nursing care from the point of admission through discharge
- Works in the collaboration with the multi disciplinary team members
- Appropriately delegates nursing care to other direct care team members
- The Emergency Department continuously provides a multi disciplinary approach to emergency medical care and education to meet the diverse physical, emotional and educational needs of the community in a safe, respectful environment
- The Emergency Department provides care on a 24 hour, 7 day a week basis and contributes a large percentage of admissions to the inpatient units
Education / Experience:
- Graduate of MN Board approved school, BSN preferred
- Previous or current ED experience preferred; Hospital experience required
- RN will be required to cross train to the ED with in 6 months
- Driver's license
- Medical Terminology
- Basic cardiac rhythm interpretations
- IV Skills
- Critical thinking, problem solving skills
- Strong assessment and clinical skills
- Organizational / Time management skills / prioritization
- Delegation skills
- Customer service / Interpersonal skills
- Multi tasking skills
- Team player
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to speak, read, write, English with clarity
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- 32 hours per week
- Night shift (11p - 7:30a)
- Every other weekend
- MNA contract
With beautiful natural settings along the Mississippi River, St. Paul embodies a large ethnically diverse population with restaurants, cultural entertainment, and shopping venues for everyone. Downtown St. Paul features a number of historic buildings including the State Capitol, the Fitzgerald Theater (home to Garrison Keillor's "A Prairie Home Companion"), the Landmark Center, the St. Paul Hotel, and breathtaking views of the Mississippi River. The city is also home to the Science Museum of MN, the Xcel Energy Center (home of the MN Wild hockey team), and the MN History Center. St. Paul offers many private, alternative, and public school options from elementary through college and a wide array of housing options from old historic homes to new construction. The Twin Cities is consistently ranked near the top of Fortune's list of best cities in the world for work and family. A healthy business climate, opportunities for employment, good transportation, and an entrepreneurial environment are amongst the contributing factors.
- Located in St. Paul
- Population = 287,000
- Service Area = 1,600,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA