This job is no longer available
Patient Revenue Manager
MN Department of Human Services
St. Paul, MN
Are you looking for a career with new and exciting challenges with a Monday-Friday work schedule? We are seeking an experienced patient revenue manager to lead a group of billing specialists. This position reports to the Chief Financial Officer for State Operated Services (SOS). The SOS system consists of an array of campus and community-based acute care and residential programs located throughout the state serving people with mental illness, developmental disabilities, chemical dependency and acquired brain injury. This is your opportunity to lead an enthusiastic, dedicated team!
In addition to challenging work and the chance to serve Minnesota with a team of professional colleagues, DHS offers a comprehensive benefit package and a modern, flexible, and culturally diverse work environment located near downtown St. Paul with easy freeway access.
- Provide leadership and direction to all aspects of patient accounting including Patient Billing, Collections, Refunds/Credit Balance, Payment Posting and charge master integrity.
- Maintain working relationships with counties, third-party payers and program directors to ensure receipt of admission information and referrals on a timely basis.
- Revenue cycle monitoring and reporting.
- Provide consultative support to program managers developing new services/programs as to information needs related to billing.
- BA/BS degree in accounting or finance.
- At least 5 years of healthcare billing experience which includes at least 2 years of experience supervising staff or serving in a leadership capacity.
- Significant knowledge of third-party billing and reimbursement programs, managed care contracting and collection policies and practices.
- Strong knowledge of electronic transactions standards.
- Demonstrated success in managing healthcare receivables.
In addition to a competitive salary, the State of Minnesota offers excellent employee benefits, such as low-cost health and dental insurance, and affordable dependent coverage. Some relocation expense reimbursement may also be available. Other benefits include:
- Convenient low cost parking
- Earn up to 29 paid vacation days per year
- Earn up to 13 paid sick days per year
- 11 paid holidays
- Life insurance (optional family)
- Long-term care insurance (spouse/parent)
- Ongoing educational opportunities
- Short-term disability
- Long-term disability
- Health care savings plan
- Pension and retirement savings plan
- Pre-tax benefits
- Optional retirement savings plan
Contact me! I am glad to answer any questions you may have about this or other career opportunities. Submit your resume and a cover letter in confidence to me by email, or contact me for more information at:
Pam Hughes, Recruitment Specialist
DEADLINE TO SUBMIT YOUR RESUME IS MONDAY, FEBRUARY 4th, 2013.
An Equal Opportunity and Veteran Friendly Employer