This job is no longer available
Associated Milk Producers Inc. (AMPI), a leading Midwest dairy cooporative, is looking for a Finance Manager at its corporate office in New Ulm, MN.
1. Responsible for the entire audit function of the organization.
2. Ensures that audit procedures for automated systems are developed, including internal computer checks and balances as required.
3. Oversees the coordination of the internal audit program with outside examiners and auditors.
4. Guides financial decisions by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing policies and procedures.
5. Protects assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
6. Provides status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
7. Prepares special reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
8. Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating future legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
9. Verifies assets and liabilities by comparing items to documentation.
10. Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
11. Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Bachelor Degree Accounting/Finance or equivalent.
• 5 years or more experience in accounting, auditing, and reporting,
• Ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
• Thorough knowledge of accounting practices/procedures.
• Knowledge of manufacturing environment a plus.
• Proven investigative skills.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Very good oral and written communication skills.
• Designation as a CPA or CIA desirable.