This job is no longer available
The Northwest Area Foundation was founded in 1934 by Louis W. Hill. Our service region includes the eight states from Minnesota to Washington once served by the Great Northern Railway. Today the Foundation makes grants to support nonprofit organizations working to reduce poverty and achieve prosperity. NWAF is seeking an experienced professional to fill an Executive Assistant and Board Liaison opening.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Keep President/CEO on time, organized and in compliance by overseeing his calendar, appointments and deadlines, coordinating travel and expenses. Organize paper and electronic files.
- Develop and manage President/CEO and related Board Committee budgets. Coordinate the weekly Management Team meeting. Includes scheduling meetings, distributing agenda, and alerting President/CEO to conflicts.
- Responsible for maintaining all Board governance policies, articles and by laws, and written and electronic corporate minute books. Ensure materials are accurate and accessible at all times.
- Monitor Director/Trustee term eligibility.
- Maintain Board and Committee attendance record and compensation payment information.
- In partnership with the President, manage, coordinate and execute out-of-town Board retreat meetings and site visits.
- Coordinate Director/Trustee travel arrangements as needed.
- Serve as project lead in coordinating and initiating the timeline for the quarterly Board meeting packet. Includes drafting agendas, providing direction to workgroup, and managing deadlines.
- Attend meetings and draft Board and related Committee minutes.
- Ensure all content on the Board web site is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Serve as resource to staff regarding the function of the Board.
- Be a resource to Trustees, Directors and their assistants regarding the Foundation.
- Coordinate the efforts of other staff for projects in support of the President’s work.
- Provide backup support for other Foundation executives as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Minimum three years administrative experience supporting a senior level manager; more is preferred.
- Minimum three years experience working with corporate or non-profit boards; more is preferred.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office including Outlook required.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Some travel required.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent experience preferred.
- High standards regarding accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to use experience and good judgment to make decisions.
- Ability to organize tasks, manage time, and prioritize projects.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with staff and adjust to changing priorities.
- Outstanding judgment, initiative, and the capacity to get things done.
- Ability to be proactive and anticipate needs and potential issues.
- Previous experience maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Ability to navigate situations and processes with a high level of customer service and interpersonal awareness.
Please email a cover letter, resume, & salary requirements to HR@nwaf.org
NWAF is an equal opportunity employer