Camp Counselor (YMCA Camp Warren)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has rewarding opportunities for Overnight Camp Counselors to join Camp Warren.
The Overnight Camp Counselor is responsible for planning, leading, and implementing core and non-core programs and experiences for children in a small group setting. They will also be responsible for the general safety and development, growth, and skill achievement of the participants in his/her group. The incumbent will provide high quality outdoor educational and recreational experiences for participants that focus on the YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility.
Tour Camp Warren:
- Organize and lead a variety of small and large group activities each session. Activities may include crafts, nature, songs, games, opening and closing ceremonies, swimming, archery, canoeing, etc. This includes transportation duties.
- Identify and respond to camper behavior issues.
- Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
- Communicate with parents about participant’s experiences and report concerns to Camp Leadership.
- Assist in maintaining accurate program records including incident reports and daily attendance.
- Know and understand ALL emergency procedures associated with the camp program.
- Know, enforce, and follow all safety guidelines associated with the camp and all program areas. This includes but is not limited to being responsible for your campers’ safety and their whereabouts at all times.
- See camp specific addendum for program details.
Qualifications - Required
- Education classes or experience in camp, youth programs, recreation, working with children, or in a related field.
- Upon hire, completion of YMCA provided First Aid and CPR certification.
- Ability to lead, plan, organize, and implement program activities.
- Ability to work as a member of a team and the ability to accomplish tasks with little direct supervision.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Must live in provided on-site housing.
- Must have the physical ability to lead and participate in camp activities which include, but are not limited to, hiking, canoeing, swimming, team building initiatives, building campfires, physical games, and activities.