School Success Program Director (Blaisdell YMCA)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the Blaisdell YMCA has a new opening for a dynamic School Success Program Director to join our team!
The School Success Program Director is responsible for expanding, designing, implementing, and supervising programs for students in the School Success Center at various schools. The School Success Program Director will also, along with the School Success Center Director, supervise the School Success Center staff and volunteers. The School Success Program Director is responsible for building positive relationships with students, families, school staff, YMCA staff, and community partners in order to carry out effective community programming in line with the School Success Department and YMCA mission and goals.
This position offices out of YMCA Anne Sullivan/Anishinabe Academy Beacon located at 3100 East 28th Street Minneapolis, MN 55406.
- Assist the School Success Center Director in providing vision and management of quality programs focusing on youth development and academics.
- Develop and implement program curriculum and supplemental program activities where applicable.
- Create and maintain a staff structure including recruitment, hiring, staff development, and supervision of part time staff and volunteers.
- Develop and maintain close working relationships with school students, faculty, and staff.
- Engage parents and community partners in support of programs.
- Foster a safe, open, and respectful community environment.
- Recruitment and retention of program participants.
- Oversee administration of program including registration, snack, transportation, and attendance.
- Carry out agenda for day to day program operations at School Success Center.
Qualifications - Required
- Minimum two years program experience working with diverse youth and families.
- Minimum of one year supervisory experience.
- Must be organized, self-directed, and creative.
- Adult and Child CPR or CPR/PR, First Aid, and AED Certifications within 30 days of hire date.
- Basic computer skills in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to plan, organize, and communicate (written and verbal) and implement high quality youth programs.
- Ability to develop positive relationships with youth, families, school staff, and partners.
Qualifications - Preferred
- Degree in related field.
- Bilingual in Spanish, Hmong, or Somali.
- Skilled in group processes, group facilitation, and co-facilitation.
- Able to operate a computer.
- Must have the physical ability to restrain youth (up to age 14) when needed for safety purposes.
- Ability to travel locally to attend meetings, training, etc.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 11/05/2012 for first consideration. This position will remain posted until filled.