Support Engineer I - Edina, MN
Support Engineer I - SMB – Edina, MN
Are you looking for a challenging career in a fast paced technology driven company?
If so, Enventis, a subsidiary of HickoryTech, could be the company for you!
Enventis is one of the leading providers of integration services in the Midwest specializing in providing telecommunications and network solutions for companies of all sizes. Our ability to turn a customer’s business need into a solution is unmatched in our over 11 years of experience.
The successful candidate will provide first level product support for SMB voice and data customers. Analyze, identify, and correct problems that result in network or system outages, including LAN, WAN, hardware failures as well as product defects. Perform Moves, Adds and Changes (MAC) as required. On-call and after hours availability is required. Ability to provide resolution on a broad product set using previous and ongoing experience.
Requirements for the position include the following:
· 2-year degree in related technical field or the equivalent in experience
· 1-year customer support experience
· Excellent analytical troubleshooting skills
· Strong organizational skills
· Ability to make critical decisions
· Ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
· Knowledge of at least two of the following: Database subsystems, LAN/WAN protocols, Cisco CUCM, IP Telephony, VoIP and/or SIP, Network tools to aid in fault resolutions, Network security and access methods, UNIX/NT/XP operation systems
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills
· Strong customer service skills
· CCNA required within 1 year
· Ability to occasionally work on-call
Apply today and see how our exciting and challenging environment can be the place for you!
HickoryTech offers a competitive compensation and benefits package. Qualified candidates can apply on-line at www.hickorytech.com