This job is no longer available
Location: Minneapolis, MN or Overland Park, KS or Louisville, KY
Employer: U.S. Energy Services, Inc.
U.S. Energy Services is an energy management firm providing natural gas, electric and risk management services to large industrial, commercial and municipal clients. Our mission is to develop and implement energy strategies that control our clients’ energy costs. Our culture is a self-governing, family-friendly, team-oriented work environment.
We are looking for individuals interested in employment as an Account Manager. The individual would be based in our office in Minneapolis, MN, Overland Park, KS or Louisville, KY.
General Description of Job
The Account Manager performs account management responsibilities for an assigned set of clients. Responsibilities include providing supply management services, such as natural gas and electric procurement, transmission/distribution infrastructure design assessment, rate analysis, budget forecasts, cost and usage reporting; price risk management, which includes recommendations for achieving pricing objectives and meeting risk tolerances or mitigating price risk; and site development services, which include analysis of energy costs for potential new sites, development/analysis of energy delivery alternatives and maximization of competition between providers. In addition, specific sustainability services are offered to some clients.
Persons in this position work very independently and are expected to perform at a highly expert level in regard to technical knowledge, negotiating skills and communications. They are also called upon occasionally to present our services to prospective clients.
- Act as primary contact for natural gas/electric services management with an assigned list of industrial, large commercial and municipal clients. Services provided are in three categories: supply management, price risk management and site development services. Relationship-building is a key part of this responsibility.
- Expertly negotiate for reliable, best-cost energy with providers (utilities, pipelines, and suppliers), acting as client's advocate.
- Lead energy site analysis and development function for new plants to be built by clients. Requires ability to develop energy delivery options, interpret various pricing scenarios, understand complex technical infrastructures, communicate with engineering firms, utilities, suppliers, pipelines, client boards of directors, client senior management and legal counsel.
- Lead various project initiatives for clients, such as cost comparisons of energy alternatives, development of price risk management strategy. Considerable individual judgment and expertise applied. Examples of technical knowledge covers a wide range, such as cogeneration, energy derivatives, power factor, deregulation in multiple states, regulatory process, gas supply/delivery pricing and routing, etc.
- Manage delivery channels of energy management services to assigned clients through multiple means: Self-developed analysis and recommendations, billing and invoice verification through accounting personnel, budget and energy usage information through analyst-support and automated means.
- Communicate with a diverse audience, including clients' senior management, utility personnel, contractors, suppliers, and regulators.
- Obtain new clients via sales presentations of energy management services and execution of sales cycle. Up-sell existing clients for additional services. This responsibility will be included in the position in later months.
- Bachelor degree required, preferably with a heavy emphasis in analytical disciplines, such as mathematics, engineering, economics, or finance. Masters degree a plus, especially an M.B.A.
- Strong problem-solving, mathematical and organizational skills. Ability to manage multiple projects.
- Superior communications skills, both written and verbal, required.
- Demonstrated experience in working with industrial or large commercial clients preferred plus evidence of customer-service orientation.
- General business acumen and experience in responsible, leadership positions in business for at least ten years.
- Knowledge and experience in the energy industry strongly preferred.
- Strong team player who excels at performing in a collaborative environment.
- Windows-based application software such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
- Preferred but not required: *Candidate with existing relationships with industrial/commercial companies, *Financial modeling ability, including use of net present value, discounted cash flow, knowledge of financial derivatives as they are applied to energy, technical knowledge in various energy applications, such as cogeneration, distributed generation, *Sales and communications training.
Your professionalism, expertise and motivation to provide outstanding service will be valued and respected. We offer a competitive salary, benefits package, business casual work environment, tuition reimbursement, exciting career path and a team-oriented work environment. Our benefit package consists of employer-paid medical, dental, and life insurance as well as employer contributions to a 401K plan, bonus plans and disability insurance. After a period of employment, company ownership opportunities are made available to all employees. Paid relocation expenses.
Please e-mail your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org