This job is no longer available
The Minnesota Society of Certified Public Accountants (MNCPA) is a not-for-profit professional association for accountants. The MNCPA offers a dynamic work environment with a strong commitment to work/life balance. As a Communications Specialist (called Communications Coordinator in the accounting association industry), you will develop, manage and coordinate MNCPA publications and activities that promote the CPA profession to members and the public through effective print and electronic vehicles, and through public relations efforts.
- Managing overall development, editing and coordination of key member print and electronic publications—MNCPA Footnote magazine (9x/year), MNCPA eNews (monthly) and Public Practice eNews (6x/year). Researching, editing, writing and/or coordinating editorial content; developing and managing production schedules.
- Assisting with public relations efforts, including developing and nurturing relationships with key reporters by distributing columns and news releases to the media, developing newsworthy story ideas, recruiting and developing MNCPA members as media spokespeople, and maintaining media lists.
- Updating the press room and other public resource sections on the MNCPA website.
- Coordinating existing financial literacy programs and promoting campaigns and programs to members and the public through events, print and electronic media.
- Using social media tools such as LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter to promote the MNCPA and its programs.
- Attending and providing assistance at MNCPA conferences and events as necessary.
The ideal candidate has:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in communications, journalism, marketing or related field.
- Three to six years of experience with publications, public relations, marketing, social media, video and events.
- Solid editing, writing and proofing skills.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Careful attention to detail.
- Experience working with the media, including print, radio and television.
- Experience with Web content management systems.
- Proficiency in basic Microsoft Office programs and databases; desktop publishing skills a plus.
- Ability to take high-quality photos using 35mm camera.
This is a full-time position located at the MNCPA offices, 1650 West 82nd St., Bloomington, MN. Salary range: $40,000-$50,000.
Please email a resume with cover letter and two writing samples to Communications Manager Tanya Mellen at email@example.com by Jan. 28. No phone calls, please.