Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
The Intake Specialist is responsible to receive and process review requests or admission notifications from physicians, vendors and facilities. Provides live telephonic access for providers and internal customers. Performs data entry in support of the review activities of each business unit in the department.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Answer incoming department calls promptly to assure uninterrupted telephone access for providers and internal customers during regular business hours.
- Monitor and retrieve incoming admission notifications, service requests and other customer inquiries from voicemail, faxes, and mail within established parameters.
- Screen, triage and distribute calls or requests for information to the appropriate unit, department or organizational contact.
- Call providers as necessary to obtain information required to initiate reviews, educate on the authorization process and respond to questions or inquiries.
- Enter member admission notification data and authorization requests. Assign to UR Specialist reviewer following department protocol.
- Perform timely and accurate entry of data within established turnaround times.
- Document provider interactions using established department standards.
- Understand, implement and support the Evidence of Coverage (EOC), Certificate of Coverage (COC), organizational policies, department procedures and protocols; published authorization grids, medical policies, review criteria, review standards and regulatory requirements relative to the intake process.
- Proficient use of computer systems required to perform assigned duties.
- Meet productivity and quality measures established by the department.
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
Experience in data entry and/or telephonic customer service in productivity based environment is required. Use and understanding of medical terminology, CPT, ICD-9 coding and commonly used electronic business office tools is necessary. Experience with insurance operations, member or provider customer service, and experience in Managed Care and experience in a hospital, clinic or other health care facility is preferred.Our ideal candidate will possess a high school diploma or equivalent. A two year degree or diploma in health or ancillary care is desired.
**This position is part time (.5 FTE) working 20 hours per week.***
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.