RN-Admitting/Discharge, PACU (Plymouth)
This job has now expired
Allina Health is a not-for-profit system of hospitals, clinics and other health care services with more than 23,500 employees, 5,000 physicians and 2,500 volunteers dedicated to meeting the lifelong health care needs of patients and communities throughout Minnesota and western Wisconsin. Allina is a vibrant, growing organization with opportunities to suit your professional skills and a diverse work environment to match your specific interests. We believe employees are our greatest asset and are dedicated to helping you develop and maximize your professional skills
WestHealth is conveniently located on the Northeast corner of Hwy 55 and 494 in Plymouth, Minn.
For over 17 years, we've welcomed and cared for the Western suburban community with exceptional outpatient services designed to fit our guests' busy lifestyles.
Our convenient services include on-site urgent care, a same-day surgery center, imaging (X-ray) services, a lab, pharmacy and more than 50 family and specialty physician clinics.
- Pre-operative and post-operative care of the surgical patient
- Provides safe and timely clinical care to patients during the immediate pre and post operative phase to facilitate a positive surgical outcome
- Effectively communicates with all members of the surgery team and family to ensure safe and efficient outcomes
- Conducts a comprehensive pre-op and post-op patient interview and is proactive with gathered information
- Actively participates in department development and training to facilitate growth and quality improvement
- Current RN license required
- AD/Diploma or BSN
- Minimum of 1 year experience in pre/post-op/PACU or recent critical care experience
- Current ACLS certification
- Current BLS certification
- PALS certification recommended
Pay,Benefits, & Work Schedule
- Casual position (no hours guaranteed per week)
- Monday - Friday
- Variable day hours
- No weekends
RN hires with less than 1 year of RN experience must be a graduate of an accredited school of nursing (American Association of Colleges of Nursing or The National League for Nursing) which is inclusive of a clinical rotation in an acute care facility.
For years, lots of people have thought life is good in Plymouth - and now a lot more people are in on the secret. When Money magazine unveiled its annual 2008 -2009 Best Places to Live list, Plymouth was ranked number one among the top 100 cities. Plymouth has built a reputation as a quality community in which to live and work. Its lakes and rolling terrain provide the backdrop for a blend of well-planned residential, business and commercial-industrial areas. Citizens and community leaders have placed a high priority on establishing a first-rate park system, interconnecting trails and diverse recreation facilities. As the community has matured, the City has worked with citizens to permanently preserve natural open-spaces, nurture the arts and protect the environment. Plymouth is one of the fastest growing communities in the Twin Cities metropolitan area. Its strategic location, lakes, diverse housing stock and park system continue to attract new residents and businesses. Plymouth covers about 36 square miles.
- Located ten miles northwest of downtown Minneapolis
- Population = 66,000
Community Resource Links:
If you are interested in becoming part of our award winning team of professionals, please apply online today. Allina Health is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities to all employees and applicants. EEO / AA