Camp Program Director (YMCA Camp DuNord)
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities Camp Name has a rewarding opportunity for a Camp Program Director to join our team!
The Program Director is responsible for development and coordination of all programs, conferences, and retreats offered at the camp. He/she develops plans in consultation with the Camp Executive Director for all programs offered at the camp. The Program Director develops plans in consultation with the Camp Executive Director to market the programs and facilities of the camp on a year-around basis. The Program Director also ensures the highest quality in camp programs, including summer and fall-winter-spring programs.
This position is a live on-site at camp located in Ely, MN during the summer months.
The preferred candidate will have experience working with families in an outdoor/wilderness setting, and experience teaching wilderness skills such as canoeing, outdoor cooking, sailing, hiking and etc.
- Develops and implements marketing and promotion plan recruiting Fall-Winter-Spring groups.
- Develops and implements new and existing programs.
- Works with the Camp Executive Director, Camp Site Director, Board of Directors, and respective committees to ensure high quality programs and sound facilities.
- Develops system for on-going evaluation and review of programs in conjunction with user groups and individuals.
- Routinely inspects and replaces all program area equipment as needed.
- Manages all camp sponsored programs to meet annual budget and enrollment goals.
- Maintains accurate statistical records and necessary reports.
- Serves as the Program Director during the summer camp season, working in conjunction with the Executive Director.
- Shares and participates as a member of the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities Program and Professional staff assisting with the annual Y-Partners Campaign, Program Cabinet, United Way, etc.
- Assists with the operation of the camp in other duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
Qualifications - Required
- Must have an educational and/or experiential background suited to the requirements of YMCA program coordination.
- Ability to demonstrate considerable skill and experience in program leadership and management.
- Experienced in Outdoor living skills, first aid, and emergency skills.
- Demonstrated skills in group process, and the ability to recruit, train and supervise staff and volunteers.
- Must have a personal philosophy compatible with the purpose and mission of the YMCA.
- Must be capable of carrying loads of up to 90 pounds and able to traverse hilly and uneven terrain without undue exertion.
- Work at heights up to 30 feet for extended periods of time 1-2 times a week on average.
- Work in conditions that will create dirt and dust.
- Perform essential program support to camp activities and programs which may include, but not limited to the following activities: semi – reaching to full-reach overhead, crouching, kneeling, shoveling, working in narrow and/or confining spaces underground, overhead, and at ground level, twisting of the waist, shoulders, and legs, and lying on stomach and/or back.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 02/01/2013 for first consideration.