This job is no longer available
Luther Seminary is seeking a flexible, innovative individual for the position of Database Specialist in the Office of Seminary Relations. This position provides technical and administrative support and reporting within the department. This individual will have responsibility for preparing reports, maintaining database integrity, serving as database/tech liaison with other seminary departments, and for fulfilling data requests for prospecting, fundraising, communication and data analytics. Under general supervision of the Director of the Sustaining Fund, this position has internal working relationships with the Office of Technology, the Office of Student Affairs, the Office of Communications, and business administration offices, as well as external relationships with Jenzabar, Target Analytics, and Lorton Data. Database Specialist key responsibilities:
- Create, process and maintain monthly reports, annual trending reports, benchmarking statistics, board reports and ad-hoc reports as requested from various teams within Seminary Relations
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of the Jenzabar EX database system and Bronto e-marketing software by using dynamically segmented queries
- Develop effective methods to configure data in support for the overall goals of the department and institution
- Fulfill all data requests and database needs in support of prospecting, fundraising, communication and data analytics efforts
- Work within the development team to create and maintain data integrity standards, procedures and tests
- Provide and assess specialized troubleshooting and coordinate technical support escalation as needed for departmental software systems
- Identify and implement strategies to streamline processes
- Other duties as requested by supervisor
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commitment to Luther Seminary's Mission and Vision.
- Associates degree or equivalent experience, Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Working knowledge of software programs used by Luther Seminary including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word), SQL Server, and enterprise resource planning software
- Experience with ERP software strongly desired
- Experience in managing donor databases (desired, preferably in the Development department of a charitable organization)
- High level of organizational skills for both data management and process
- Ability to develop and regularly update data management process for all areas of Seminary Relations
- Help teams utilize their data including developing filtered reports, creating custom fields and generating donor/prospect lists
- Ability to present complex data sets/information in simple, synthesized summaries
- Ability to work from and build onto current procedures in place
- Knowledge of the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America (ELCA) helpful
- Familiarity with other mainline Christian organizations also helpful
Luther Seminary supports your success at work and in life with a competitive compensation and benefits package. Luther Seminary is committed to fostering diversity in its faculty, staff and students. Come be a part of our engaging and innovative community! Learn all about Luther Seminary at www.luthersem.edu. To apply, please use Apply Now Button to forward your resume and cover letter. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.