This job is no longer available
Our client in the west metro has a need for a contract Controller. In this role, you will be accountable for the accounting operations of the company, to include the production of periodic financial reports, comprehensive set of internal controls and budgets designed to mitigate risk, enhance the accuracy of the company’s reported financial results, and ensure that reported results comply with generally accepted accounting principles or financial reporting standards. Ensures legal, tax and regulatory compliance. $45-60.00/Hour
· Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures
· Establishing and monitoring internal controls
Manage outsourced functions and arranges for audits as required
· Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department’s goals and objectives
· Oversees the accounting operations of other company entities
· Financial reporting and analysis - issue timely and complete financial statements
· Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
· Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts
· Calculate variances from the budget and report significant issues to management
· Provide a system of management cost reports
· Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations.
· Provides status of financial condition of the company by collecting, interpreting, and reporting key financial data.
· Coordinate the provision of information to external auditors for annual audit
· Monitor debt levels and compliance with debt covenants
· Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirement and tax filings
· Monitor and manage Risk management and insurance
· Ensure that accounts payable are paid in a timely manner
· Ensure that accounts receivable are collected promptly, bank reconciliations are completed, and that required debt payments are made on a timely basis
· Maintain the chart of accounts, an orderly accounting filing system, and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or business administration, or equivalent business experience
- 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation.
- Preference will be given to candidates with the Certified Public Accountant or Certified Management Accountant designations.
Please use the StarTribune application feature to submit your resume or you may email it directly to email@example.com with CTLKES in the subject line.