Chief Experience Officer (YMCA Administration and Training Center)
This job has now expired
We are very excited to announce that the YMCA of the Greater Twin Cities has an amazing opportunity for a Chief Experience Officer to join our team.
The Chief Experience Officer (CXO) serves as a member of the President/CEO’s senior management team and is responsible for the integrated customer experience including leadership for marketing and customer-facing technology. Responsibilities span across both internal team member systems and external member experiences. Key audiences include staff, volunteers, board members, members, program and camp participants, strategic partners, foundations and corporations.
The marketing responsibilities include:
- Instills a culture of innovation via program, product and business development
- Owns overall customer experience and brand touch points, including integration between digital and site (branch, camp, program, etc.) environments
- Owns marketing and communications strategy in support of the overall mission, business plan, and strategic direction of the Association
- Oversees the development and implementation of policies, plans, and services in the areas of product development and innovation and marketing and communications including branding, product and market research, analysis, and strategy, advertising and promotion including web sites and social media, media and public relations, internal and external communications.
- Articulates new product development, sales, marketing, and communication needs and plans to the senior management team and to the Board of Directors and for positioning the YMCA to achieve its mission and strategic plan.
The technology responsibilities include:
- Designs, oversees the development of and deploys world class digital experiences for members
- Manages customer-facing technology, ensuring stability for employees and members
- Partners with CFO to maximize technology investments while minimizing the total cost of ownership
- Drives integration of experience across all platforms and stakeholders
- Participates in strategic planning for the organization. Provides leadership and consulting support to executives and management on matters of product development and innovation, marketing, communications, urban mission and public relations. Establishes and implements a marketing strategy that effectively delivers the Association’s urban mission, strategic vision and plans.
- Provides overall leadership of the Marketing function by effectively leading and managing the development of programs and services that support the Association’s objectives in the areas of sales, marketing, social conversation and media, advertising, branding, communications, new product development, market and product research, analysis and strategy. Influences our internal sales call center scripting and administration.
- Oversees the development of a mission-driven communications strategy in partnership with the Chief Development and Operations Officers that supports and advances the urban, low income, and special needs mission of the Association.
- Oversees mission, market, product, member, and customer research and analysis and develops, implements, and adjusts strategies and plans to ensure competitive pricing, customer satisfaction, innovative product development, and the achievement of Associations goals and objectives.
- Owns annual operating goals, objectives, budgets, and plans for the sales, marketing and communications area that support the mission and strategic objectives of the Association. Monitors the achievement of these plans, taking appropriate action to ensure that the goals and objectives are met.
- Oversees the development and initial implementation of new product and program opportunities that meet the growth objectives of the Association.
- Establishes and maintains consistent brand image throughout all product lines, promotional materials, and events.
- Owns the development, production, and distribution of promotional and mission driven (including print, electronic, direct mail, and on-line) materials necessary to promote opportunities, services, programs, and the mission of the Association.
- Owns the development and management of the Association web site, social network presences and emerging platforms (mobile and tablet) that serve member, customer, staff, and management needs. Develops and implements robust e-commerce strategy.
- Oversees the development, implementation, and management of effective marketing management systems to ensure accurate reporting, administration, processing, and management of results. Monitors data, analyzes and reports results, and takes corrective actions to ensure the achievement of marketing, mission, and revenue objectives.
- Works directly with assigned committees of the Board (i.e. Marketing, Finance, etc.) to build volunteer relationships, develop policies, oversee policy implementation, and meet the related needs of the Board.
- Establishes working priorities, recruits and develops marketing team, delegates effectively, and prepares and manages associated budgets.
- Bachelor's degree in business, marketing, communications, public relations or related field, Master’s degree with marketing emphasis preferred.
- Minimum ten (10) years progressively responsible executive management experience in business development, product development, marketing and sales management with a thorough knowledge of marketing principles, product and service management, sales, and new business development, along with a demonstrated track record of success. Product and Business Development executive experience a must.
- Demonstrated ability to understand changing market dynamics, translate them into short and long term actionable strategy, develop strategic marketing and development plans, gain approval and widespread support, and generate tactics necessary to ensure plans are realized.
- Ability to balance product/service strategy and execution of a sales and marketing plan to deliver both well.
- Recognized as having outstanding creative, sales, collaborative, organizational, problem solving, and conflict management abilities.
- Demonstrated success in designing and delivering quality programs and materials within targeted timelines and simultaneously managing multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ability to build trust and rapport and work effectively with all stakeholders including chief officers, Board members, operation and product leaders, staff, community and government officials, vendors, and volunteers.
- Proven experience developing effective teams which deliver organization wide services
- History of proven, measureable results for managing growth and aligning sales, development, marketing, and communication processes and tools to support strategic business priorities
- Proven experience in delivering innovative customer and/or stakeholder-facing technology
- Has personal history with social media and is fearless in the face of changing customer behaviors
- Has personal interest, use and fascination with technology
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship skills
- Excellent communication skills: written, oral, and presentation
- Strong analytical, technical, and project management skills
- Experience working effectively within a matrix, mission orientated, and diverse business environment.
- Travel locally to various locations to attend meetings and special events.
- Travel nationally for meetings and special events.
- Ability to work on a computer for extended periods of time.
To take advantage of this exciting opportunity, please apply online by 01/18/2013 for first consideration. This position will remain open until filled.