This job is no longer available
Director of Information Technology
Department: Information Technology
Schedule: Full Time
Hours: Primarily Days
The Director of Information Technology (Director of IT) will provide technology vision and leadership in the development and implementation of the system-wide information technology (IT) program. The Director of IT will lead the health care system in planning and implementing enterprise information systems to support both clinical and business operations and achieve more effective and cost beneficial system-wide IT operations.
Additionally, the Director of Technology:
- Provides strategic and tactical planning, development, evaluation, and coordination of the information and technology systems for the health care network.
- Facilitates communication between staff, management, vendors, and other technology resources within the organization.
- Oversees the back office computer operations of the information system, including local area networks and wide-area networks. Acts as the liaison between the health system and SISU Medical Solutions.
- Responsible for the management of multiple information and communications systems and projects, including voice, data, imaging, and office automation.
- Designs, implements, and evaluates the systems that support end users in the productive use of computer hardware and software.
- Develops and implements user-training programs.
- Oversees and evaluates system security and back up procedures.
- Works closely with the Medical Director of IT to support the adoption of EMR technology throughout the medical staff.
Education and Experience: Requires a bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Business Administration or a related field.
Special Skills and Aptitudes: Minimum of 3 years of experience with increasing responsibilities for management and support of healthcare information systems and information technology, direct management of a major IT operation is preferred. Significant experience in a health care setting is desirable, specifically in technology and information systems planning to support business goals. Experience should also include exposure to both shared and outsourced solutions, as well as support of in-house information and communication systems in a multi-site client-server environment. Specific experience with practice management, financial management and clinical management information systems is a plus.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Familiarity with desktop, notebook, handheld, and server computer hardware.
- Familiarity with local and wide area network design, implementation, and operation.
- Familiarity with operating systems such as Windows, Unix, and Linux.
- Familiarity with EMR systems specifically Meditech and/or Allscripts.
- Knowledge of various office productivity software programs such as word processing, databases, spreadsheet programs, and communications software.
- Familiarity with various computer peripherals such as printers, monitors, modems and other equipment.
- General knowledge of business processes and their interrelationship gained through three or more years of related experience.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex issues, both logical and interpersonal.
- Effective verbal and written communications skills and effective presentation skills, all geared toward coordination and education.
- Ability to negotiate and defuse conflict.
- Self-motivator, independent, cooperative, flexible, creative.