Patient Representative - Temporary (Phalen Village Clinic)
This job has now expired
The Patient Representative at Phalen Village maintains a welcoming, friendly profile in the clinic and is responsible for the professional and efficient operation of both reception check-in and checkout procedures. Assists with phones and schedules future appointments and/or procedures. Utilizes strong customer service skills and promotes the UMPhysicians’ philosophy of patient centered care to meet the needs of all visitors/guests. Welcomes visitors, provides non-clinical information, takes messages, schedules appointments or procedures, collects co-pays, enters and verifies health insurance information and oversees the clinic lobby/patient waiting area. Arranges any accommodation or interpreter services needed for the patient visit. Resolves non-clinical patient issues, provides backup and coverage as needed. Helps coordinate provider schedules and appointments. Prioritizes between these functions on an ongoing basis to maximize efficiencies of clinic schedules and reduce patient waiting times. This position may be required to float to other departments at the discretion of the manager based on clinic needs.
In order to qualify for this position, you must possess:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous clerical experience in a medical or customer service setting. Previous computer entry experience with ability to learn new applications and work processes.
- Basic medical terminology training
- Ability to work comfortably with a variety of patients and guests
- Able to speak fluently in Hmong and English