This job is no longer available
TempForce, a locally-owned and premiere staffing service in the Twin Cities, is seeking service technicians to provide valet and car washing services at a busy dealership in the southwestern suburbs. Full time schedule of Mon-Thurs 11:30 am - 8:00 pm and Sat 9.30-6pm. This is an exciting temporary to hire opportunity. Great benefits package available!
The service technician moves and cleans new, used and customer vehicles. Greets customers; check in vehicle for service appointment and retrieves vehicles that are completed.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Communicate effectively with co-workers, management, and service advisors on the status of vehicles, or any issues.
2. Work with the team to complete assigned tasks as a car wash or valet.
3. Assist with vehicle transport between dealerships; guarantees customer pick-up and delivery; jump starts and move vehicles as needed.
4. Drives vehicles to and from service lane, service stalls, parking lot, detail and body shop departments.
5. Assist in the delivery of parts from the service buildings.
1. Washes vehicle exterior, cleans interior and exterior windows, wipes down doorjambs, applies wax
and applies dressing on tires and tire wells and also removes plastic as necessary.
2. Vacuums interior of vehicles to remove loose dirt and debris.
3. Fills vehicle with fuel, if needed.
5. Maintain house demos, loaners and customer vehicles in a clean and presentable condition at all times.
Maintenance- Car Wash and Valet
1. Keeps work area and dealership neat and clean; organize and ensure ample supplies and equipment in working order.
2. Operates all tools and equipment in a safe manner; uses proper eye, hand, and body protection when using products that require protection. Reports any safety issues immediately to management and knows where and how to use MSDS sheets.
3. Performs snow removal from service vehicles and walkways.
4. Must wear provided uniforms to work at all times.
5. Must maintain a professional appearance.
6. Help complete daily laundry.
Customer Service- Valet
1. Greets customers; check customer and car in for service appointments; escorts to appropriate advisor.
2. Retrieve car and places in service drive stall when customer has paid.
1. Completes all online required training
2. Attends all on-site/off-site training as required.
3. Performs other duties as assigned.
* Placement contingent upon successful results of mandatory background and motor vehicle check.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1 Strong customer skills, initiative, and an ability to work both independently and in a team environment.
2. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide.
4. Ability to understand and carry out detailed written or verbal instructions.
5. Valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record and at least age 18 years of age required to drive company or customer vehicles.
6. Car wash or automotive experience preferred.
1. Regularly required to stand, walk, talk, hear, reach with hands & arms, use hands to finger, handle, or feel; & frequently required to stoop, kneel, crouch.
2. Regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds; occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision,
peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
4. Must work a predictable and consistent work schedule as determined by management and business needs.
1. Regularly exposed to (outside) wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, & fumes or
airborne particles; frequently exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals; & is occasionally exposed to
outside weather conditions and risk of electrical shock.
2. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.