This job is no longer available
Date of appointment: August 21, 2013; Vacancies at SCSU are contingent on university budgets and funding.
Description: Seeking committed and enthusiastic persons who support the department mission of anti-oppression and will contribute to the breadth and depth of the educational experience provided by the department, such as through clinical practice experience. For more info about the Department of Social Work, go to: http://www.stcloudstate.edu/socialwork/
Responsibilities: Teach the equivalent of 12 credits per semester in a CSWE accredited MSW Advance Generalist and BSW Generalist Program, with the possibility of faculty field liaison. In order to be considered for tenure, the successful candidate will demonstrate the ability to: 1) teach and/or perform assignments effectively; 2) conduct scholarly achievement or research; 3) continue preparation and study in discipline; 4) contribute to student growth and development; and 5) provide service to the university and community. (IFO Article 22, Section B*)
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Inter Faculty Organization which can be found at: http://www.hr.mnscu.edu/contract_plans/documents/IFO_09_11_Contract.pdf
Qualifications and experience:
· Ph.D./DSW/ABD considered if completed by date of appointment
· MSW from an accredited institution plus 2 years of post MSW practice experience.
· Evidence of ability to effectively teach with students of various learning styles – document teaching effectiveness.
· Evidence of demonstrated ability to teach and work with persons from culturally diverse backgrounds.
· Evidence of ability to teach across both BSW and MSW Programs with primary assignment within either BSW and MSW Programs.
· Minnesota State social work licensure may be required in the future.
· Knowledge of and experience with social justice activities to enhance already established program focus.
· Demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues, and ability to model social work professional values and ethics.
· Ability to serve in administrative and leadership positions within the Department.
· Knowledge and expertise in Anti-Oppressive framework, Clinical practice and Advance Generalist and Generalist Practice.
To apply for these positions, please continue the process via this website or directly at: http://agency.governmentjobs.com/stcloudstate/default.cfm
Application review begins February 18th, 2013; positions are open until filled.
Only complete applications are considered. A complete application will include the following:
· Cover Letter
· Resume/Curriculum Vitae
· Contact information for three (3) current, professional references
· Copies of Transcript(s) (undergraduate/graduate/PhD); if advanced to finalist, official transcripts are required.
Patience Togo Malm [Associate Professor, Search Co-Chair]
St. Cloud State University is committed to excellence and actively supports cultural diversity. To promote this endeavor, we invite individuals who contribute to such diversity to apply, including minorities, women, LGBT, persons with disabilities and veterans. St. Cloud State University is a member of Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.