Government Relations Materials Writer & Coordinator
Health Care that Starts with You!
Join a truly mission-driven organization! Independent, nonprofit UCare is recognized as one of the Minnesota???s leading health plans. We provide more than 225,000 members across Minnesota and western Wisconsin with the health coverage plans and services they need to maintain and improve their health. The innovative coverage we create makes a difference for Medicare-eligible individuals, individuals and families enrolled in Minnesota Health Care Programs, such as MinnesotaCare and Medical Assistance, and disabled adults with special health care needs. UCare is growing in size, membership, products, geographic coverage, and employees. We???re an organization that???s going places. Be part of a team that cares about you, be part of UCare.
As the Government Relations Materials Writer & Coordinator you will develop, review and maintain regulated member materials and submit member materials and regulatory filing data to federal and/or state regulatory agencies. This position involves coordination and support of high volume production process against regulatory timelines, working in a small team environment with shared responsibility for planned initiatives. Work may include drafting, review and editing of regulated member materials and regulatory submission of Health Insurance Exchange-related documents and information. Specific duties and responsibilities include:
- Draft and edit required Medicare, Medicaid, or Health Insurance Exchange-related member materials owned by Government Relations Department.
- Coordinate with internal subject matter experts and content contributors as needed to ensure materials meet regulatory and operational timelines and reflect accurate and required information.
- Understand regulatory submission requirements and processes for Health Insurance Exchange-related plan benefits and information. Shared responsibility for submission of Exchange-related benefit and plan data filing via SERFF system.
- Cross-departmental collaboration on Health Insurance Exchange-related materials’ development and/or document submission activity to ensure business activity is well coordinated across business owners.
- Understand regulatory requirements of each Medicare, Medicaid, and Health Insurance Exchange plan for development, editing, and content accuracy. Apply understanding of regulatory requirements and editing skills to ensure all materials meet regulatory requirements.
- Understand the respective material’s application and use by members and internal departments. Serve as internal resource to departments on member materials projects and work collaboratively across departments on material-related projects.
- At discretion of Materials Team Manager, participate in internal materials-related subgroups, planning projects, and/or state agency materials workgroups.
- Provide project management assistance for other department projects as appropriate.
Bachelor’s degree is required. Minimum three years of work experience in health plan/health insurance, managed care, or health care delivery organization is required. Familiarity with regulated materials (Evidence/Certificate of Coverage, Annual Notice of Change, Summary of Benefits, Summary of Benefits & Coverage, etc.). Experience developing regulated member materials for the health care or insurance industry is preferred. Familiarity with regulatory submission (SERFF) of insured plan benefits and related information is desired. Project management experience is preferred.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required to be successful in this role:
- Knowledge of, or interest in, federal and state regulatory requirements governing member materials for Medicare, Medicaid, and/or Health Insurance Exchange-offered products.
- Excellent writing, reviewing, and editing skills..
- Ability to work under tight deadlines; organize and manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Strong verbal and professional communication skills.
- Ability to work across all levels of an organization in a team environment. Ability to resolve conflict and exercise effective negotiation skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Ability to research and evaluate information from a variety of sources and distill into relevant and meaningful content and/or material requirements.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve. EOE/AA
Enter a highly collaborative environment where people are truly engaged, and feedback is valued. You???ll enjoy a competitive salary and benefits, as well as a host of other perks, including a nationally recognized wellness program, and a bright, open, award-winning office space in Northeast Minneapolis???just minutes from major freeways and retail centers.
At UCare, we welcome and employ a diverse employee group committed to meeting the needs of UCare, our members, and the communities we serve.