TempForce, a premier staffing service in the Twin Cities, is seeking a Product Specialist for a well-known auto-dealership in the western suburbs. This position is responsible to understand and communicate to customers product availability; services and technology. Qualified candidates must be knowledgeable of the products/services offered with a strong focus on customer satisfaction and retention versus negotiation/price. This role develops and retains long-term, profitable customer relationships. It is a full-time job with a mix of days/evenings/weekend hours. Excellent opportunity for growth and benefits package available.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Goal to sells/leases and delivers a minimum of 10 units per month.
2. Pre-Sale of Vehicle
A. Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
B. Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses. Suggests alternative vehicles if necessary.
C. Understands the terminology of the automobile business and keeps abreast of changes in product technology, inventory, features, accessories, advertising, etc. to provide thorough product information and demonstration to all prospects.
D. Offers test drives to all prospects. Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer before test drive begins.
E. Ensures sales management has an opportunity to meet each customer.
3. Sale of Vehicle
A. Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
B. Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
C. Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager and presents properly completed paperwork (i.e., insurance information, trade title, etc.).
D. Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
E. Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle's operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
F. Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership's service department.
G. Schedules first service appointment.
H. Follows up on all post-delivery items, tag/title work, "we-owes", and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
I. Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
4. Exhibits a high level of commitment to customer satisfaction and obtaining volume goals.
5. Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail auto sales.
6. Maintains a follow-up system that encourages prospect, repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
1. Attends sales meetings and product and sales training meetings as requested by manager.
2. Maintains a professional business appearance.
3. Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to
better utilize time and plans more effectively.
4. Assist with snow removal and helps arranging vehicles on lots.
Performs other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
1. Prefer experience that includes strong customer service orientation with ability to quickly grasp and explain automotive products, technology and services to a diverse audience. Experience in automotive sales or customer service related positions a plus.
2. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization and effective computer skills.
3. Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, decimals and able to compute rate, ratio and percent.
4. Ability to understand and define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
5. Valid Driver's License, acceptable driving record & at least 18 years of age required to drive company or customer vehicles.