Applications Support Programmer
The Office of Information Technology Services (ITS) at Carleton College is seeking an Applications Support Programmer. The focus of this position is to support Ellucian’s Colleague modules. Programming experience, along with excellent interpersonal skills and effective communication skills are essential.
This full-time, exempt, regular, benefit eligible, staff position reports to the Director of Information Technology Services.
- Provide analysis and programming support for Ellucian’s Colleague and other applications that assist college employees in their effort to collect, maintain, and disseminate institutional data.
- Assist users with upgrade implementations, problem resolution, solution testing, and process improvements.
- Develop custom computed columns and subroutines using Ellucian’s Colleague Studio.
- Develop, maintain, and troubleshoot web applications such as WebAdvisor.
- · Assist in the development and maintenance of data import and export interfaces between Colleague and other internal and external databases.
- Write reports using tools such as Envision and SSRS.
- Write and maintain documentation; provide training to end users as appropriate.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and full-time work experience with integrated information systems. Minimum 2 years database programming experience.
- Demonstrated technical successes with programming across multiple environments.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, documentation and organizational skills; ability to follow through with customers and colleagues.
- Demonstrated experience with Ellucian’s Colleague, including Envision and Colleague Studio; or equivalent experience in another major higher-ed ERP.
- Experience working within a higher education environment.
- Experience with SQL Server functionality such as: SSMS, SSRS, SSIS, query writing.
- Experience with Ellucian Portal, SharePoint.
- Experience with Hyland OnBase or similar enterprise content management systems.
- Familiarity with data warehouse concepts.
If interested, apply online at http://jobs.carleton.edu. Please include a resume, cover letter, and the contact information for three references with your online application. Carleton College is an equal opportunity employer committed to excellence through diversity.