This job is no longer available
SFM Mutual Insurance is committed to hiring people who have passion for what they do and are dedicated to making a difference to our customers. SFM is a regional workers’ compensation insurance carrier. We bring quality services, cost control and specialized expertise to employers throughout the Midwest region.
We are adding staff to our Assigned Risk Plan Team and this is an exciting opportunity for an insurance professional who works well in a fast-paced environment and enjoys a variety of duties, including customer service. As a Policyholder Services Representative you’ll provide high quality customer service and administrative support services in the form of data entry, policy/endorsement processing, document generation and policy issuance for ARP policyholders and agents. Manages workflow by evaluating and processing new business, endorsements, renewals, certificates, etc. as requested or needed. Corresponds and communicates with agent representatives and policyholders regularly.
SFM offers a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, incentive bonus based on company and team goals, flexible work arrangements, and a career-enriching environment. For more information about SFM or to apply online please visit our website at www.sfmic.com.
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Certificate of completion from a business or technical college or one year relevant experience.
- Two years’ customer service experience in an insurance and/or agency environment, preferably workers’ compensation and/or casualty insurance.
- Superior customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills in order to interact in a team environment and effectively communicate with a diverse group of customers and other parties.
- Excellent phone skills.
- Strong computer skills (preferably in Word, Excel and Outlook environment).
- Solid business writing with grammar and punctuation skills.
- Solid data-entry skills with high degree of accuracy (50 WPM).
- Develops a working understanding of state applicable workers’ compensation rules and regulations.
- Ability to build and maintain professional business relationships.
- Detail-oriented team player.
- High-energy, customer orientated with ability to proficiently multitask and prioritize.
- Processed focus with ability to offer ideas for improvement.
- Demonstrates positive teaming skills.
- Ability to work in a highly automated customer service environment with extensive computer and phone work.